You know what's really telling?

Old July 31st 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

Default You know what's really telling?

That the one person who had any right to be offended by Kyla's message
didn' t say a word about it.

Think about it.

Then again, Susan is one of those people I can't picture being mean to
others here.

Cheers.

Victor
Old July 31st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:31:39 -0700, Victor Martinez wrote:

That the one person who had any right to be offended by Kyla's message
didn' t say a word about it.

Think about it.

Then again, Susan is one of those people I can't picture being mean to
others here.

Cheers.

Victor

I clicked "Ignore thread" on that way some time ago so I haven't been
seeing it. Nor have I missed it.

Dan

Old July 31st 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Jul 31, 12:52*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I clicked "Ignore thread" on that way some time ago so I haven't been
seeing it. Nor have I missed it.

You are a wise man, my friend.

Cheers.

Victor

Old July 31st 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:

That the one person who had any right to be offended by Kyla's message
didn' t say a word about it.

Think about it.

Right - because maybe she wasn't offended? But even if she was, nobody
here ever asked *Susan* how she felt. They just went off on their self-
righteous, mouth-foaming rants about how "inappropriate" and "creepy"
Kyla is. That's all they really wanted to do.

Similarly, some folks have gone on and on about my supposedly "malicious"
post about Kyla's emotional issues. But did anyone bother to ask Kyla
herself how *she* felt about it? Of course not, because they don't care
how she felt. They just couldn't miss an opportunity to stomp down on
any "unusual" behavior that violates their provincial concept of "social
conventions".

Well, as it turns out, I did ask Kyla, in private email, how she felt
about my post. After all the nattering about it, I thought I'd better
check. And guess what - she appreciated it! (Yes, I do have permission
from her to say this here.) She felt that my post was one of the kindest
of the bunch, and because it was truthful, it did not level all sorts of
false and nasty accusations at her. I simply told the truth as I saw it.

But then again, it was my post's very honesty that people objected to.
We're all allowed to think it, and we can all see it. We can even make
jokes about it as long as we're overstating the case in such a way as to
be clear it's just a joke (yes, someone actually said it was kinder to
call someone a "whack job" than to say they have emotional issues - go
figure). But god forbid anyone actually say it out loud, in a simple and
direct manner. Don't look directly at the truth, it might blind you. Let's
just pretend it doesn't exist and maybe it will go away. What a warped
set of values some people have.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:31:39 -0700, Victor Martinez wrote:

That the one person who had any right to be offended by Kyla's message
didn' t say a word about it.

Think about it.

Then again, Susan is one of those people I can't picture being mean to
others here.

Cheers.

Victor

I clicked "Ignore thread" on that way some time ago so I haven't been
seeing it. Nor have I missed it.

Dan

Lucky you I should have done the same thing

Old July 31st 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I clicked "Ignore thread" on that way some time ago so I haven't been
seeing it. Nor have I missed it.

Dan

Lucky you I should have done the same thing

Well, RPCA is very important to me. It feels like a part of my family. And
just like real-life families, sometimes members of this on-line family
don't get along with other members. Also just like with real-life
families, listening to people you care about acting like a**holes towards
each other is very painful and disturbing.

I find life is much more comfortable if I just ignore the nastiness
whenever I can. I've exchanged private e-mails with some of the parties
involved here, trying to make sure that nobody was getting hurt too badly,
but just not seeing any of the messages for the last week or two has been
a tremendous relief.

I figure when people get exercised enough, they'll start to let this whole
thing slide. When that happens we can maybe get back to being a concerned,
supportive, caring group of people who love cats and like to help other
cat-lovers.
Old July 31st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

[...]

Daniel you just spoke some words of wisdom that I wish all of us would
remember.
What your are doing is one of the main reasons I made that promise to keep
the peace.
Since that I am very happy me and Adrian are friends now. I love everyone
out here you all keep me sane but it has gone way to far and it needs to
stop.
I thank you Daniel for being a peace keeper

Old July 31st 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Matthew"

"Daniel Mahoney"
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:31:39 -0700, Victor Martinez wrote:

That the one person who had any right to be offended by Kyla's message
didn' t say a word about it.

Think about it.

Then again, Susan is one of those people I can't picture being mean to
others here.

Cheers.

Victor

I got a very nice reply from Susan, and I can't imagine her being mean to
anyone either. End of subject please?

I clicked "Ignore thread" on that way some time ago so I haven't been
seeing it. Nor have I missed it.

Dan

Lucky you I should have done the same thing

I deleted the whole thread myself and am glad I did.
Hugs
Kyla

Old July 31st 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Matthew"

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

May I add an Amen and thank you to both of you, whom I love dearly?
Hugs, love and peace
Kyla