RPCA Meet-up next year...

Old March 25th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default RPCA Meet-up next year...

NeeCee wrote:

wrote in message

Maybe I can see if we all can visit the tiger rescue that is
nearbyhttp://www.bigcatrescue.org/VisitUs.htm////

Maybe we could volunteer for a day?

Helen M

now,THAT would be cool.

I can just picture a hoard of cat-lovers descending on the tiger rescue
place, hi, we're here to help!

Jill

Old March 25th 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
wrote in message
Anyone else up for a cruise????

I definitely am!

Helen M

I think the cruise line would be in a world of trouble getting all of
us together ;-)

Do they accept cats? giggling

Old March 25th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

wrote in message
Charleen and I were talking on Saturday evening and we've come up
with an idea. )

She mentioned that she has met several catslaves who live in the
Florida area. I've met several catslaves who live in the DC area.
We were thinking, as the idea has been muted several times, of
perhaps organising a Catslaves conference in Orlando next year.
(18 months away). The long time span would be to allow people to
save up for flights etc, there are a couple of people in the
Orlando area who would be willing to help organise stuff, and the
reason i suggest Orlando, is because we (me) can get cheap flights
from Europe and we (I) could tie it into a vaccation to visit
Florida. Who would be interetsted?

Too bad we can't do a catslave
group cruise in the Caribbean. Pam S. who really wants to be there.

For that price all the food and lodging included not bad for 5 days
92 dollars a day heck hotel, food and gas would cost that much if
not more

This was not group rate or with any advance discounts or up grades

BUT EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A PASSPORT TO GO.

and I want Pam there also along with everyone else

It's not hard to get a passport.

Jill

Old March 25th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

I'm thinking between June and August 2009. That will give people a
chance to save $$ so that they can come.

If I may make a suggestion, it might be better to schedule a trip to
Florida, especially inland like Orlando, more like in February, rather
than the summer. It gets very humid there in the summer. Of course,
you've lived in Belize, so you probably wouldn't bat an eye at
Florida's humidity. But I would consider it unbearable.

January and February are actually the best months to go there. It's
after the holidays, so you don't have hordes of people travelling
there to visit their retired parents. And it's before Spring Break,
so you don't have to deal with a different horde, of hormonally
overdosed college kids. The weather at that time of year is really
lovely. Not that I've spent any time in Orlando, so I can't fully
vouch for that. But I've been in coastal places such as West Palm and
Daytona, quite a few times in mid-winter, and it's beautiful.

That might not work quite so well, savings-wise, though - as it would
give people less than a year to save up. So, FWIW...

Joyce

That sounds better for me, I don't handle heat so well these days.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 25th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alisont via CatKB.com

I would defintely go for Orlando. I'm just up north in Daytona Beach.

February is bad - Daytona 500 plus lots of smaller races so Dyatona is
overrun and it spills quite a bit into Orlando, especially Disney.
March - 1st two weeks is Bike Week, then comes Spring Break
July - race people back

I'm not sure about Orlando but all the beach area hotels double their prices
over winter because that is peak season.

What about May - it's not as hot here and the chance of hurricanes is small.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Old March 25th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

:-)Liz wrote:
I like the DFW ...I'm close to there....I don't do coastal
cities...fear of large bodies of water and all that silly stuff....
:-)

The last time I flew into DFW was 1982, it wouldn't surprise me to find a
few changes since then. ;-)

Old March 25th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to get one. Didn't the post office
used to offer them?

kili

They still do. They aren't fast, but it's pretty simple. You will need a
birth certificate, though.

Dan
Old March 25th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I talked to Rob and he's game to try this. *So I'm now going to check out
passports and apply for both of us to get them. *I think the idea of a
cruise intrigues him and that is good. *Something to try for. *So, how many
of us would like a cruise and how many would prefer dry land?

Cruise: *1 (2 if I can count Rob)

Pam S.

How about we all meet up in Orlando, then go on a cruise? I'm up for a
cruise.

Helen M
Old March 25th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

kilikini kirjoitti:

We have at least a 3 month waiting period in Florida and I believe it's
about $100 to get one. Once you've actually gotten your passport it's a $75
renewal fee, I think.

To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to get one. Didn't the post office
used to offer them?

kili

Here's info on how to apply a US passport in USA
http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Just keep clicking here and there for more info as you go...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 25th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dabanana1 via CatKB.com

What exactly is the RPCA? I am interested especially if it is in Orlando. I
live just an hour east of Orlando, so it is pretty close to me, let me know
what is is all about. I may even be able to help some.

alisont wrote:
I would defintely go for Orlando. I'm just up north in Daytona Beach.

February is bad - Daytona 500 plus lots of smaller races so Dyatona is
overrun and it spills quite a bit into Orlando, especially Disney.
March - 1st two weeks is Bike Week, then comes Spring Break
July - race people back

I'm not sure about Orlando but all the beach area hotels double their prices
over winter because that is peak season.

What about May - it's not as hot here and the chance of hurricanes is small.

Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 December 1st 05 04:00 AM
OT Meet Gus Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 23rd 05 08:01 PM
Going to meet the baby Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 18 July 6th 05 01:24 AM
Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!! MOSFET Cats - misc 2 April 5th 05 12:20 PM
O.T. spinal surgery & RPCA we will meet Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 84 April 26th 04 10:40 PM