(OT) Sleeping Better!

Old June 12th 18, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Sleeping Better!

On 6/11/2018 9:29 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:02:10 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I got a birthday present for myself!

Fast forward to my having to move here. The sound machine sat there,
unused, for a couple of years. There used to be frequent power outages when
I lived in TN. The power would go off for no reason at all on a bright,
sunny day. And while I remembered to unplug all my little appliances I
completely forgot about that one. So at some point the sound machine got
zapped.

I ordered a new one for myself for my birthday. Oh this thing is so cool!
It has more sounds, and you can add to the complexity of the sound (or just
go with the basic sound). For example, if you select "rain" you can add
distant rumblings of thunder. I don't know about you, but I sleep very well
during a thunderstorm! If you select "ocean", you can add a foghorn off in
the distance. Last night I chose "meadow". It's the sound of peepers
(small frogs) and crickets. But if you up the anty, you also get the sound
of wind blowing through tall grasses and the occasional call of a loon or a
whipoorwill

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFcQ8gIwAA#

http://tinyurl.com/3jynyg6

I have slept better in the last two nights than I have in the last 30 years.
I love this sound machine!

Jill

Jill,

I know I'm replying to a VERY old post but I'd like to find out if
that sound machine is still operating. Amazon still has it for sale
with some very good reviews but there are a few mentioning that it
dies fairly soon. I'd like to heart your experience before I send
Amazon a fairly large check.

Thanks!

-bchan

Hi there! Here's what happened. It died within a couple of months and
I thought "that's just wrong". I called the company and the guy walked
me through removing the sound selector knob on the front and flipping a
switch. Apparently it's got some sort of a breaker that trips. That
fixed the problem and it's still working!

The guy also sent me another one for FREE since it was a known issue.
So now I have a spare, still in the box, just in case. That's what I
call service! Hopefully this known problem has long since been corrected.

Note: If you buy through Amazon and it's coming from a *reseller* I
can't guarantee that same level of service.

Jill
Old June 13th 18, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/13/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:45:30 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Do you remember who you bought it from? I searched for it and came up
with Amazon.

I don't recall. The company is ASTI, Inc. It looks like it's available
at Walmart and Best Buy (if those are in your area) as well as on Amazon
and eBay.

Jill
Old June 14th 18, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/13/2018 11:52 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 13:09:47 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 6/13/2018 1:22 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:45:30 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That should have been AST, Inc. or ASTI. Do let me know if you get one
and if it helps you sleep. I love it. There are always noises around
the house in the wee hours - lawn mowers, leaf blowers. This sound
machine does a great job of blocking all that out.

Jill
Old July 30th 18, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Friday, July 29, 2011 at 10:02:10 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
I got a birthday present for myself!

The old-timers to this ng know I've suffered from insomnia for years.
Valerian Root capsules seem to help. Melatonin tablets work but give me
very vivid sometimes disturbing dreams.

Years ago I had a "sound machine". I won a gift certificate from some
drawing at work to Sharper Image. So I went there and got a sound machine.
It had about 6 sounds... the ocean, rain, outdoors (crickets and frogs),
yada yada yada. (There was also a heartbeat, but that was meant for babies
or puppies or something.) I had the machine back in 1998 or so.

[...]

I have a Pink noise generator, if you feed it well and are good to it, it will put you right to sleep. Not so much lately, but in the past, Smokey was my pillow of sorts. She enjoyed having my head slightly resting on her and her purring would zonk me right out if I was relaxed. She does not purr as much now and prefers to sleep with her head and feet on my arm now. Sometimes she buries her head in my hand, which doesn't do much for me, but she enjoys it.

Just don't go to the bathroom in the middle of the night or you will lose your spot. Yes I have to sleep on the cat's side of the bed. LOL.