SAD: Mr. Lenny at Rainbo Brij

Old July 17th 03, 01:15 PM
fourcats

Default SAD: Mr. Lenny at Rainbo Brij

Hello all - pardon if this is a double-post, my usual newsfeed seems
to be down. Also, I don't feel up to having Panda write just now, but
my three girl-kitties are all purring along. Most of the below is
from the email to friends and family I send last evening:

I just had to say goodbye to my wonderful Lenny-cat, who closed his
big
blue Meezer eyes for the last time late this afternoon, with a little
gentle help from his Dr. Bonnie at the cat hospital. Lenny was 16 and
had
been with me for 11 years since he and his pal Lucy were adopted from
the
Guelph Humane Society after a 3.5 month stay there in 1992. I'd taken
him
in for surgery today to see if we could do anything - we were pretty
sure
there was a tumour of some sort - but it was as bad as we feared and I
had
agreed with Bonnie ahead of time that if he couldn't come back to a
reasonable length and quality of life with us that we should let him
go
without waking him up.

She called me shortly after I got home from leaving him there to let
me
know. It was obvious right away that there was advanced tumour
progression all through his abdomen.

My only regret is that the choice to try and do all we could meant I
couldn't stay with him until the very end, but I had to try, and I
know he
was in caring hands all the way. He actually had an enjoyable last
afternoon. He was already on some pain medication as we knew he was
hurting a couple weeks back. We had a purr and cuddle on the bed
before
we left, and as the surgeon was late getting to the clinic, I stayed
with
him and he spent some time curled in a basket in the clinic's gigantic
cat
tree installation watching a squirrel outside the window. The three
cats
who live in the clinic were very kind about sharing their bed and
water
bowl.

If you knew Lenny, you know his only fault was a predisposition to be
barfy, though in his last two weeks he wasn't able to eat enough to
throw
up. In an ironically fitting memorial, my Panda, who in 7 years I
have
not known to do worse than a hiccup, barfed the biggest hairball I've
ever
seen in my office just minutes after we got the news. I can't see
straight between the tears, slightly hysterical laughter, and carpet
cleaner fumes.

Peace, everyone. I'm going to finish cleaning the Lenny Memorial
Hairball,
then Lucy, Panda, Sprout and I are going to go curl up with a cup of
tea
and a book.

Johanna
Ms. Lucy
Panda-ov-Mourning-Toes
an' da Sprout!
Old July 17th 03, 01:39 PM
Stinky

Purr tu efurrybodee fur Lenny-cat ana awl dat luvved him:

Purr purr purr purr prap-purr
purr
purrrrrr

P.C.

Old July 17th 03, 02:34 PM
Spook

Bootsie, Gizmo, Sassy, Whiskers and Spook join the meatloaf circle of respect,
and send a steady stream of purrrrrrrrrsssss for a peaceful trip for Mr. Lenny,
and for all those who love him.

Mr. Lenny has been added to the lisst on our Rainbow Bridge payj.
http://furpods.home.mindspring.com/rainbow.html or
http://furpods.tripod.com/rainbow.html

Old July 17th 03, 05:42 PM
Uncle Fred

fourcats wrote:

I just had to say goodbye to my wonderful Lenny-cat, who closed his
big
blue Meezer eyes for the last time late this afternoon, with a
little
gentle help from his Dr. Bonnie at the cat hospital.

Lenny-cat had a great life and a lovely last day with those he loved.
Pretty good stuff. Our Purrss are with him and all those he leaves
behind. Patches and Ajax and so many other wonderful cats have gone
ahead and they will welcome Lenny with purrs and face licks. Our
thoughts are with you.

--
Regards,
Fred & Jetadiah
Old July 17th 03, 07:18 PM
fourcats

Fangu for dat, Spook. Meomie got da misty-monitor fing at werk again,
but dat is OK.

Ower Adam-hoomin tuk some wunnerful picshures of Lenny wif alla us da
last few daze. We want to put dem onna web site and mebbe can send
yew ta Mew-Ar-Ell wen we get arownd tuit.

Fangu agin.
Panda-ov-Sniffly-Toes, for de Furrsome (now down to a)Threesome

Old July 17th 03, 07:36 PM
The Fur Conspiracy

Mrrqueekkk!

We awl sendz purrz an waggaz fur yowr katzen and fambly.

Chuggz,
Ms. M-M

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. T.S. Eliot (VC), Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old July 17th 03, 08:17 PM
Spook

fourcats wrote:

Fangu for dat, Spook. Meomie got da misty-monitor fing at werk again,
but dat is OK.

Ower Adam-hoomin tuk some wunnerful picshures of Lenny wif alla us da
last few daze. We want to put dem onna web site and mebbe can send
yew ta Mew-Ar-Ell wen we get arownd tuit.

Fangu agin.
Panda-ov-Sniffly-Toes, for de Furrsome (now down to a)Threesome

Weel luk fur thuh Mew-Arr-Ell.

Spook

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old July 18th 03, 12:36 AM
ChildFree23

PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

We'ze furry sorry to hear that that Mr. Lenny wented to the Bridge. We'ze
hoping he didn't have to suffer furry much.

Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight, & Lilith Kitten

om...

Old July 18th 03, 02:48 AM
Da Koster Katz

fourcats wrote:

Peace, everyone. I'm going to finish cleaning the Lenny Memorial
Hairball,
then Lucy, Panda, Sprout and I are going to go curl up with a cup of
tea
and a book.

Johanna
Ms. Lucy
Panda-ov-Mourning-Toes
an' da Sprout!

Aw, hisspitt! I didn't see this when the cats posted their response in
the other thread.

You KNOW that I understand, Johanna. Poppa and Mr. Lenny are probably
right now rockin' and rollin' at the Bridge, happy as our little guys
can be.

{{{{{Johanna}}}}}

Joan, off to light her Rainbow Bridge candles for Mr. Lenny

*four tabbies and a tuxedo cat snuggle back down in the meatloaf
position, and resume their purrs with a slightly different tone*

Be happy, Mr. Lenny.

Junior, Bitsy, Baby, Cinni an Cookie

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****