wildfire photos

Old July 2nd 12, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default wildfire photos

These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

Old July 3rd 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the
municipality does not cover them.
Old July 4th 12, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html
Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?)

It is for the federal ones.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...l-firefighter/

http://www.change.org/petitions/give...ttle-wildfires

Old July 6th 12, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the municipality
does not cover them.

there are many firefighters here who volunteer, along with mountain rescue
who train their own dogs to find lost persons. Most lifeboat people are
also volunteers. they do not get a penny from it. They all risk their
lives to save others.

Old July 6th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2012-07-06 5:30 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the municipality
does not cover them.

there are many firefighters here who volunteer, along with mountain rescue
who train their own dogs to find lost persons. Most lifeboat people are
also volunteers. they do not get a penny from it. They all risk their
lives to save others.

I'm sure there are volunteer firefighters in the US (there are in
Canada). There are companies that sell insurance for voluntary groups,
including volunteer firefighters. Even if the nearest town didn't pay
for the coverage, they probably donate towards the cost of insurance,
equipment etc, as do ordinary individuals.

--
Cheryl

Old July 7th 12, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the municipality
does not cover them.

there are many firefighters here who volunteer, along with mountain rescue
who train their own dogs to find lost persons. Most lifeboat people are
also volunteers. they do not get a penny from it. They all risk their
lives to save others.

I think Jack understands that they don't get paid for their services
(that's what "volunteer" means) but I think it's unconscionable that
they would not be covered for medical expenses if they are injured!
(Only in America - the one "civilized" country in the world that doesn't
provide universal medical care to its citizens.)
Old July 7th 12, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2012-07-06 5:30 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

But Canada (like every other "civilized" country but the U.S.) has
"universal" health care paid for by your taxes.
Old July 8th 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2012-07-03, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the
municipality does not cover them.

Volunteer firefighters are insured. The mechanism varies from fire
department to fire department. You simply don't show up at a fire
and suddenly become a volunteer firefighter. You have to be enrolled
in the department and most importantly trained. There are volunteer
departments every bit as professional as the paid ones.

Bud

Cat Photos & Hi, I'm New Crystal ~ Cat anecdotes 3 June 12th 09 09:35 PM
5 photos so far (OT) Pat Cat anecdotes 1 October 2nd 06 11:36 AM
New Photos Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 22 December 15th 05 01:52 PM
The new two (with photos!) J Cat health & behaviour 8 June 4th 05 05:42 PM
Photos of my Giz Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 1 August 16th 03 04:19 AM