"The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Old November 23rd 03, 07:52 AM
Aleksey Gurtovoy

Default "The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Hi all,

Does anybody have a copy of the "The Russian Blue Cat" book by
Ingeborg Urcia that they are willing to give away for money (i.e. sell
? I know that it's kind of unlikely because if you do have the book
then you are probably a Russian Blue fan, and then chances of you
selling it out are close to zero, but I want it so much (my friend
would be so happy!) that thought I would try anyway. Needless to say
IMO the book is worth much more than it was sold for in stores, and I
will be happy to back up this statement when it's time to pay. Please
email me at if you are interested.

Yours hopingly,
Aleksey
Old December 2nd 03, 03:31 PM
Susan

I am a brand new subscriber and have a question - we have had cats for
years, but never 2 until last year when we adopted a year old female, part
Russian Blue, after having to put down our 18 year old cat. She was a
shelter cat and had free run of the shelter, so she was lonely and we got a
4 month old male a couple of months later. He was very dominant right off
the bat and ambushed her constantly. They got along and played alot, but I
know there were times when she was not at all happy with the constant
ambushing. We also have 2 Labrador Retrievers and I believe Morris thinks
he's a dog and gets along famously with them. Anyway, the female cat
disappeared about 2 months ago. Morris is about a year old now and he's
really lonely. We're going to adopt another, but I'm curious whether it's
better to have 2 cats of the same sex or doesn't it matter if they are
neutered to begin with. Any thoughts? Susan

Old December 2nd 03, 04:37 PM
J_Harmeson

"Susan" wrote in message
I am a brand new subscriber and have a question - we have had cats for
years, but never 2 until last year when we adopted a year old female,

part
Russian Blue, after having to put down our 18 year old cat. She was a
shelter cat and had free run of the shelter, so she was lonely and we

got a
4 month old male a couple of months later. He was very dominant right

off
the bat and ambushed her constantly. They got along and played alot,

but I
know there were times when she was not at all happy with the constant
ambushing. We also have 2 Labrador Retrievers and I believe Morris

thinks
he's a dog and gets along famously with them. Anyway, the female cat
disappeared about 2 months ago.

After reading that, "cat disappeared about 2 months ago", mabye you
shouldn't have cats.

Old December 7th 03, 06:31 PM
Susan

excuse me? I particularly resent the tone of your statement! There are no
pets on earth that are treated better than ours. They're our children.
Good people's KIDS sometimes disappear also. If this is the welcome I get
to this group then I guess I'll stay out!
Susan

--
CAMERON'S RESTAURANT
FEATURED IN SEPT. 2001 SKIING MAGAZINE

www.cameronsrestaurant.com
518 523-7872

Old December 2nd 03, 06:37 PM
Linda Terrell

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:31:34 UTC, "Susan" wrote:

[...]

Cat disappeared how? Was it an outside cat? (If so, why would you
want a pet you let go outside? That isn't a pet, that's a boarder.)

Once they are neutered, it doesn't often much matter. Though I
personally have found that, if you are going ot have 2 cats
only, it's often better to have same sex, or at least, litter mates.

LT

Old December 7th 03, 07:04 PM
Susan

I beg your pardon, but it IS a pet. Some people's pets go outside. Read my
reply to Donald Ferrt. I wasn't expecting unsolicited advice or a debate
about having indoor or outdoor cats. Also, thank you for your advice on the
question I did ask, you all have been very helpful.
SC

Old December 8th 03, 08:27 AM
Linda Terrell

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:04:38 UTC, "Susan" wrote:

I beg your pardon, but it IS a pet. Some people's pets go outside. Read my
reply to Donald Ferrt. I wasn't expecting unsolicited advice or a debate
about having indoor or outdoor cats. Also, thank you for your advice on the
question I did ask, you all have been very helpful.
SC

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

LT