A zoomy night

Old March 28th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A zoomy night

Last night my attention was so focused on the Kitty Show here that I
couldn't write up an account of what I witnessed.

Beatrice and Abelard are a well matched pair of playmates. She's almost a
year old now and appears to be finished growing, which makes her around the
same size as Abelard. She just looks bigger because of her fur. And he was
chasing her through the house, and vice versa, for the longest time. She
usually plays with the bigger cats, and I guess she's intimidated by their
size, because with Abelard she never screams, but she always does it when
the others chase her around.

The funny part is how they slide across the linoleum part of the floor while
trying to get a grip on something with their claws, and if they're going
fast enough they slam into the wall before making the turn into the kitchen.

Their play centered around a new patch of grass I brought in and planted in
a flowerpot. (I thought they's appreciate having several different types of
grass, and now they have four.) This particular flowerpot is on the dining
room floor. Abelard would crouch behind it and wait for Beatrice to
approach, then leap on top of her and start wrestling.

It's been a *long* time since I've seen Abelard with such a serious case of
the zoomies. He even got into playing with Tommy for a while. He hasn't done
that since he was very small.

Old March 29th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a great show -- I'm currently watching Tucker and Robin wrestle
again.
Christine

Old March 29th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I love the names of your cats! I once had a hamster named Teilhardt de
Chardin. And right now I have two cats who are chewing on each
other...
Cantate

Old March 29th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cantate" wrote in message
oups.com...
I love the names of your cats! I once had a hamster named Teilhardt de
Chardin. And right now I have two cats who are chewing on each
other...
Cantate

If I'd been able to foresee the future, Beatrice might be Heloise.

Chester at night Susan M Cat anecdotes 0 October 9th 05 06:13 PM
It was a three cat night. (Groan) Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 05 05:19 PM
What to do at night Nick Kasoff Cat health & behaviour 4 October 3rd 05 10:15 PM
Cold night wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 6 September 25th 03 09:27 PM
Vera & Lola Bath Night......... Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 August 12th 03 01:01 PM