Spinal Injury (long)

Old March 31st 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ginni

Default Spinal Injury (long)

Oh no! I can't believe your cat would hold it in until you came to
visit. He must have felt much more comfortable when you were there.
Galt isn't very nice to anyone at the vet... well she's not particularly
"nice" to anyone. (I do occasionally get some love, but she doesn't
care for petting.) But since she's not been well, she's been rather
accepting of her stay at the vet. I go to visit her as often as
possible (at a result, I'm missing a LOT of work). The vet doesn't
want her to move about too much because its still painful, so I just
visit her in her hospital "suite" (aka cage). I think I will mention
the cut up litter box to them. Since she got in to pee though, I'm
not sure she's having difficulty with getting in the box. I think
possibly it's just difficult for her to stand up long enough to have a
bowel movement.

I know enemas are no fun for kitties, she had to have one at 4 weeks
when I rescued her because her mother wasn't cleaning her. She was so
backed up with feces and fur (from suckling the mother) that the vet
said she would have died if she hadn't had the enema. (maybe that's
why she's not super nice/cuddly - enema may have scarred her for life
- I'm sure it would me lol)

Don't get me wrong, just because she's not the typical cuddly kitty, I
still love her more than anything, including people (not some people -
ALL people).

Thanks for all the support and suggestions from everyone! It is
really comforting to hear the opinions of other, more experienced, cat
owners! (and more is certainly welcome)