Training a cat to use the toilet

Old October 18th 04, 12:33 PM
PawsForThought

From: (ceb2)

"Mary" wrote in message
r.com...
"PawsForThought" wrote in message
From: "Mary"

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

Does anyone have information on this?

My father's uncle had his cat's trained to do this, but I'm not sure
this is doing the car any favors. Kind of goes against the natural

order
of things, doncha think.

Yep. Kind of like the declawing you just had done to your three

beautiful
kittens who trusted you.

No kidding! Yuck
________

But we are not supposed to bring that up now. "Ceb2" confessed to us and
eased his conscience, so now we are supposed to just welcome him among

those
whose cats are more important than their furniture, as though he did not

pay
someone to amputate the beautiful little toes of those kittens.

You must of course realize that I am not the only poster here to have
declawed their cat. I'm sure that there are many, if not hundreds of
posters here who have done this.

Firstly, no matter if a million did it, it still doesn't make it right, now
does it? Secondly, I doubt there are hundreds here who have done it. In the
whole time I've been posting here I think I've only seen a handful. Most
people here are against digit amputation. Irregardless, you are still looking
for excuses. What really makes it bad in your case is that you knew exactly
what declawing entailed before you did it, but yet you still chose to have the
ends of your kittens' toes amputated. In my book, that makes you doubly
despicable.
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm
Old October 18th 04, 01:01 PM
ceb2

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...

From: "Mary"

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

[...]

posters here who have done this. Some regulars. Some would surprise
you. I'm merely one of the few to have admitted it. And no, I don't
expect to be welcomed with open arms, I really don't care. If you
despise me that much, simpy ignore me or killfile me. But if I feel I
have some relative experience regarding the behavior of cats (the true
purpose of this board, not, as you would have us believe, a sounding
board for anti declawers) I intend to post. If you disagree, please
post a counter point. But how productive is it for you to off topic
every response I make. I'm sure the regulars here who are as opposed
to what I've done are as appalled as you and know well who I am.

The topic is cats. Post all you like. Post what you like. I will do the
same.

Fair enough.
Old October 18th 04, 01:01 PM
ceb2

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...

Old October 18th 04, 02:38 PM
Mary

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
"Mary" wrote in message

.com...
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...

From: "Mary"

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

[...]

It's what I love about Usenet.

Old October 18th 04, 02:38 PM
Mary

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
"Mary" wrote in message

.com...
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...

Old October 18th 04, 07:48 PM
ceb2

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...
From:
(ceb2)

From: "Mary"

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

[...]

Actually, more than a handfull have e-mailed me in confidence sonce my
original post to tell me they did it. Not neccessarily in support of
it but that they also did it. Like I said, some of the names would
surprise you. So, maybe your right, maybe not hundreds, but definatley
several here who pose as regulars have e-mailed me in private. Don't
fool yourself.

And I'm not looking for any excuses for anything.

________

Old October 18th 04, 07:48 PM
ceb2

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote in message ...
From:
(ceb2)

Old October 18th 04, 09:34 PM
ceb

equalizer wrote in :

Hey look everyone! The old "I'm getting LOTS of support in email" lame!
Wow -- in about 15 years on USENET, Relaynet, and Fidonet, that's the
first time I've **ever** seen that!

Do you know of the excellent ballad, "The Lurkers Support Me in Email"?:

http://www.bluejo.demon.co.uk/poetry...ia/lurkers.htm

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead