Icarus Going Back To The Vet

Old March 24th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Default Icarus Going Back To The Vet

It looks like Icarus may be going back to the vet for another possible
urinary obstruction. I called the vet and left a message so hopefully I'll
get a call back despite it being a Sunday. I've followed all of the vet's
instructions and he gets canned food quite often every day and also gets
water. Today, he was throwing up and also has a bit of diarrhea. He was just
at the vet on Wednesday to have a urine sample done and the vet was able to
get good stream of urine from him. This is pretty unreal because it's
costing quite a lot to have him in and out of the vet. The worst part is
that Icarus's attitude at the vet is pretty unruly.

I put Icarus in the bathroom with his own litterbox. He's also had his
medication every single day so I don't know how he could have had all this
happen again. He's been kept hydrated. It's getting to be pretty expensive.

Old March 24th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sun 23 Mar 2008 08:20:17p, Cat Protector wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

snip
He's also had his
medication every single day so I don't know how he could have
had all this happen again. He's been kept hydrated. It's getting
to be pretty expensive.

I'm so sorry. I sure can understand that you'd be upset. I hope there
is a permanent fix for Icarus so he doesn't keep getting sick. Wish I
had something helpful to post.

--
Cheryl

Old March 24th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On Mar 23, 6:31*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On Sun 23 Mar 2008 08:20:17p, Cat Protector wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

snip

He's also had his
medication every single day so I don't know how he could have
had all this happen again. He's been kept hydrated. It's getting
to be pretty expensive.

I'm so sorry. I sure can understand that you'd be upset. I hope there
is a permanent fix for Icarus so he doesn't keep getting sick. Wish I
had something helpful to post.

--
Cheryl

Me, too, I hope everything is okay. It's especially bad when they get
sick on a weekend/holiday and today is both.

Candace
Old March 24th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

On Mar 23, 8:35 pm, Candace wrote:
On Mar 23, 6:31 pm, Cheryl wrote:

On Sun 23 Mar 2008 08:20:17p, Cat Protector wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am so sorry to hear this. I know you love your kitty.

I will tell you this... about the cost... Discuss the financial
concerns with your Veterinarian... You might be really amazed at how
willing they are to work with you.

I was really lucky with Max, mine cut the cost of the surgery and all
treatments way down for me. Then, in addition, they have allowed me to
make payments.

It sounds like you have already developed a good relationship with
your vet, so this will go along way as well...

I am wishing you much luck.

Melissa
Old March 24th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. I just don't know what else to do since he was just at the vet on
Wednesday and despite the crystals the vet was able to get a urine sample
without a problem. I've been doing everything as instructed by the vet.

Old March 24th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks Candace. I feel so helpless here. I called the vet and left a
message. I considered the emergency vet but they'd be 10 times more
expensive and from what I've heard, none too willing to work out a payment
plan. I was able to work out a payment plan with our vet and just got done
paying off Icarus's first bill (and Jade's bill still to go). I just don't
know what else to do.

Old March 24th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I already have worked out a payment plan with the vet but it's starting to
get impossible. I feel so helpless right now because I just got done paying
for one bill and still have to pay for Jade's as well as another bill. I'm
trying to stay positive but today he got sick again with possibly the same
thing and trying to pay the bills is tough. Icarus deserves the care he
needs. It just saddens me that he needs more and is having to struggle with
this.

Old March 24th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

On Mar 23, 9:09 pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:

Hang in there... it will be OK. There is help, I only wish I knew
where to tell you to go. Vets will usually try to figure out
something that is workable for both of you.

Please do not despair yet. My heart goes out to you because I do know
you love Icarus.

Believe me though, you will figure something out, between you and the
vet...

Hang in there. Icarus is really lucky to have you ;-)

Old March 24th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks. He was rushed to the vet tonight and I assisted in the surgery. The
vet put a catheter in and now Icarus is on fluids and will be there probably
for a couple of days. I'm thankful he has such a caring vet. Four Peaks
Animal Clinic really cares about their patients and Icarus is a pretty tough
one. The vet happens to board animals as well so I was lucky that he was
there and returned my call so Icarus could be brought in. I was there for a
couple hours.

Old March 24th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Hope Icarus is okay and recovers well from this latest episode. You're
lucky to have such a caring vet. Keep us posted on Icarus's progress.

S.
---