Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 11th 04, 10:21 AM
Helen Wheels

Yowie wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Jo Firey wrote:

for drives in the country. The whole point of which was to get lost.

That

of course meant finding a road you had never taken before and seeing

where

it went. I still do it if I really need a break.

Tom *loves* new roads, particularly if they're little back roads. He has
a large atlas of Texas where he highlights every road he's been on. It's
quite impressive!

Hey! Now thats an idea!

I wonder where I can get a map for my local area that is exhaustive?

I live in a "new" suburb, that is, most of this burb wans't here 5 years
ago. Consequently there are new bits added all the time, so new roads to
explore. However, there's this one house thats been visible from my place
ever since we moved in, and it looks like it has a copper dome with a
gargoyle on top. I don'thave a pair of binoculars so can't tell from here,
and I've set out many a time to actually drive past and get a better look.
But for the life of me I can't find the road that its on, and since its a
new 'burb, most of the usual street maps don't actually have this 'burn
printed in them. Its very frustrating (but does make interesting drives,
especially now with Cary, because we are never far from home!)

Yowie

Try http://www.whereis.com.au
Can't find any information there on how often it's updated, but
it seems pretty current for the new streets around where I live.
If someone built a copper dome near my place I'd want a close up
look too. I was most disappointed when our council recently
knocked back an application to build a Buddhist temple because it
didn't think the tall pointy roofs would "fit in".
Helen Wheels

Old May 11th 04, 03:28 PM
KLC

Yowie wrote:
+"KLC" wrote in message

Alright, Yowie,

when I come to Australia, you can drive me down all sorts of roads and
help me explore the place, eh?

Sounds good! And I'll have a decent car if you come too, unlike when Dave S
came and my car broke down that day so we couldn't go anywhere!

Yowie

Poor Dave, trapped in a house with Fluffy & Shmogg! Did they terrorize
him utterly? Did he consume all your groceries?

Casual driving is the best. Our Yukon (RB) used to love going for a
drive, sniffing for a whiff of elk out the window... And DH & I began
dating by going for a drive, and then went for a very long drive North
for our 'honeymoon.' Next year we want to drive across Canada (which is
a very long ramble indeed), to take our Aussie friend to see the sights.
I want to leave lots of room in the holiday for unscheduled detours.

And when our Aussie friend goes home to QL, then I'll have to come and
visit... and Yowie will take me drivin'

KLC

Old May 11th 04, 08:45 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad you got back home safely, Vicky.
Best wishes to you, Cary and Joel,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yowie" wrote in message
. ..
snipI just had to turn around
and hope for the best. As it was, within a few minutes I got to an
intersection that, from this side of the road, had signs to "the South
coast" and got myself pointed in the right direction (as it was, it turne
dout to be an express lane, and I was only a few minutes off the

alternative
way home, instead of having to double back for another hour), but that
taught me a valuable lesson about where my directional sense comes from.

Yowie