She's avoiding me.......

Old June 23rd 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default She's still not eating as much...

Ugh....Mayhem is still eating gingerly....she doesn't like the wet w/
d....

So when I was giving her the antibiotics tonight, I checked out her
mouth.

She lost three teeth, Two premolars on her upper and lower left side,
and the very small premolar on her upper right side. Now this
premolar is small, only has one root and can commonly be resorbed in
cats.

Dr. M worked on my cat and I briefly saw her take this one out.

Well guess what....the tooth is still there....

The gum is mildly infected AND the tooth is mobile. This has gotta
hurt a lot....no wonder she isn't eating as much.

I dripped the pain meds right on the tooth so hopefully I'll get some
relief.

But this vet clinic i don't work at until Friday. The currently
clinic I work at I just started this month and i'm not sure if I
qualify for an employee discount yet.

Mayhem is traumatized enough....but I know all she needs is a quick
sedative and a quick yank and the tooth will be out.

But I'm irked that the tooth wasn't taken out in the first place. I
keep telling myself it was probably an honest mistake since the tooth
is so small. But I'm still ticked off....

purrs that Mayhem will feel better soon and I can get this fixed.....

think i'll pick up some Fancy Feast, since I KNOW she likes that...

Kristi
Old June 23rd 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mischief wrote:
snip
purrs that Mayhem will feel better soon and I can get this fixed.....

think i'll pick up some Fancy Feast, since I KNOW she likes that...

Kristi

Poor Mayhem, lots of purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 23rd 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Mischief" wrote in message

Dr. M worked on my cat and I briefly saw her take this one out.

Well guess what....the tooth is still there....

The gum is mildly infected AND the tooth is mobile. This has gotta
hurt a lot....no wonder she isn't eating as much.

OW!! Poor kid. No wonder she is still having food problems. Shouldn't TED
do the tooth for free since she didn't get it the first time? Purrs and
sympathy yowls from the Fayetteville mafia.

Pam S. whose eyes are watering in sympathy

Old June 24th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

On Jun 23, 6:50 am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Mischief" wrote in message

Dr. M worked on my cat and I briefly saw her take this one out.

Well guess what....the tooth is still there....

The gum is mildly infected AND the tooth is mobile. This has gotta
hurt a lot....no wonder she isn't eating as much.

OW!! Poor kid. No wonder she is still having food problems. Shouldn't TED
do the tooth for free since she didn't get it the first time? Purrs and
sympathy yowls from the Fayetteville mafia.

Pam S. whose eyes are watering in sympathy

I certainly hope there won't be any charges. The tooth should have
been taken out in the first place AND I'm an employee. If she does, I
am gonna talk to her about it.

i have doctor's appts this afternoon and then gotta run home, grab her
from underneath the bed and then take her in, cause I can't stand
having her in pain.

Kristi
Old June 24th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:
snip Well guess what....the tooth is still there....

The gum is mildly infected AND the tooth is mobile. This has gotta
hurt a lot....no wonder she isn't eating as much.

I dripped the pain meds right on the tooth so hopefully I'll get some
relief.

But this vet clinic i don't work at until Friday. The currently
clinic I work at I just started this month and i'm not sure if I
qualify for an employee discount yet.

Mayhem is traumatized enough....but I know all she needs is a quick
sedative and a quick yank and the tooth will be out.

But I'm irked that the tooth wasn't taken out in the first place. I
keep telling myself it was probably an honest mistake since the tooth
is so small. But I'm still ticked off....

purrs that Mayhem will feel better soon and I can get this fixed.....

think i'll pick up some Fancy Feast, since I KNOW she likes that...

Kristi

I'm sorry to hear Mayhem is in pain and will have to go back to TED.
Lots of purrs for Mayhem and hugs for you, Kristi,
Polonca and Soncek
Old June 25th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default purrs worked, but now she's high as a kite....

On Jun 24, 1:30 pm, polonca12000 wrote:
Mischief wrote:

[...]

Turned out it wasn't a tooth, but a large piece of hanging gingival
tissue. Snipped it off with no problems.

But now she's high as a kite from the drugs.....

She's in her carrier on the floor next to me and she's trying to
stand......emphasis on TRYING.

I was gonna let her out, but she stood up and took a step towards the
carrier opening and fell over.

Soooooo, i'm keeping her in the carrier for her own safety until the
drugs wear off a bit more. She's got this bewildered look on her face
and is trying to get up and move around the carrier but keeps flopping
over.

'Why won't my legs work? I would be able to walk JUST fine if the
floor would stop MOVING!!!'

purrs that she'll be okay and feel better enough to start eating
now....

Kristi
Old June 25th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Mischief wrote:

[...]

Purrs are on the way. I'm glad she didn't have to have a tooth out.

Joy

Old June 25th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:
Turned out it wasn't a tooth, but a large piece of hanging gingival
tissue. Snipped it off with no problems.

But now she's high as a kite from the drugs.....

She's in her carrier on the floor next to me and she's trying to
stand......emphasis on TRYING.

I was gonna let her out, but she stood up and took a step towards the
carrier opening and fell over.

Soooooo, i'm keeping her in the carrier for her own safety until the
drugs wear off a bit more. She's got this bewildered look on her face
and is trying to get up and move around the carrier but keeps flopping
over.

'Why won't my legs work? I would be able to walk JUST fine if the
floor would stop MOVING!!!'

purrs that she'll be okay and feel better enough to start eating
now....

Kristi

Lots of healing purrs,
Polonca and Soncek