Sad story witha HAPPY ending that I just heard

Old June 25th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Sad story witha HAPPY ending that I just heard

Will in New Haven wrote:

Winkle is fine. Her foster family was very nice. She wasn't
traumatized but I'm sure she's glad to be home.

Another nice story, Thanks, Will.

Old June 25th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Jun 24, 3:55 pm, Lesley wrote:
On Jun 24, 12:27 pm, "Granby" wrote: Good for your
friend. What I am upset about is the amount of people taking
their pets to shelters because "with gas so high, we can't afford them".
My
three can bed pains in the butt, but, I can think of a few things I
could do
to save a few bucks if things get that tight.

Car or Cat?

Okay I am blessed with a reasonably good public transport system

But even so! Car- inaminate object

Cat- living person

No contest

There have been times when Dave and me were eating mashed potatoes or
boiled pasta..times when we thought adding the cheapest brand of baked
beans in was a real treat! At the same time our then furry owners were
tucking into their usual rations (And you know you are getting
desperate when handing out beef catfood you find yourself thinking how
good that smells!)

But..

We told them they had a loving forever home and would never know cold.
hunger or thirst and we have always kept that promise and always would

It's a deal we make. It's part of a larger deal. When friends ask me
why I can eat pork and wouldn't eat d*g or cat, I say it's because I
am honoring two bargains our ancestors made. I'm not saying everyone
has to agree but I really think this way.

When the first d*gs (who thought they were wolves at the time) came to
stay beside the campfire, we made a deal with them. Since then, they
have shared our hard times and our good times, hunted for us, guarded
our children, driven our herds, searched and rescued when needed,
performed heroicly in stupid wars and given cats many hours of
entertainment with their clumsy, slobbery antics. In the eyes of a
good d*g, you can see "if the bear comes by, I will die for you."

When cats arrived to keep the rodents out of the grain, they agreed to
do whatever they wanted and _we_ agreed to do whatever they wanted. In
the eyes of a cat you can see "if the bear comes by, the d*g will die
for us."

In both cases, this can switch quickly to "you gonna drop that
cheeseburger?"

--
Will in New Haven

OK, that made me laugh out loud! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 26th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Will in New Haven wrote:
A friend of mine was moving to Maine from California last year. She
decided that she could not take her cat on such a long trip. So she
left poor Winkle at a no-kill shelter. She didn't dare tell me because
she figured it would end our friendship. She is right that it would
have put quite a strain on it, although she did have her mom
(allergic) checking on Winkle and willing to be a foster of last
resort.

After two weeks, my friend, who had driven cross-country and who never
flies, FLEW home, drove a rental car to the shelter, found out where
Winkle was being fostered, went to the house where Winkle was being
fostered, got her cat and drove the rental car back to Maine.

She finally told me last night, about it a year later, when I asked
"how's Winkle" during a phone call.

Winkle is fine. Her foster family was very nice. She wasn't
traumatized but I'm sure she's glad to be home.

--
Will in New Haven

I'm so glad she changed her mind.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek
Old June 26th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

So true!
Best wishes,