She's avoiding me.......

Old June 20th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default She's avoiding me.......

Mayhem is hiding under the bed and avoiding me whenevr possible. No
more meowing at me when I'm in bed, or when I come out of the shower,
no more waiting for me by the door when I come home.

Why? Cause she is royally MAD at me.....

Well........i noticed that she wasn't eating as much. usually she
comes running when the kibble hits the dish, but for the past few
weeks, she hasn't been too interested.

Me, being the vet tech I am, finally checked her gums. Both upper
rows of teeth had tartar and gingivitis and some of the teeth looked
like they had more than just gum disease.

Soooooo......I brought her into work and next thing, she gets blood
drawn, I put in a catheter and put her under for a dental cleaning. I
wasn't anticipating extractions, but a good dental cleaning was in
order anyway to somewhat counteract the gingivitis.....

Then i took some x-rays..... Two teeth were resorbing....meaning the
bacteria in her mouth was not only causing gum disease and infection
but was also eating away at the root. No lesions, but if the teeth
didn't come out, they would continue to degrade. Not to mention they
were also probably painful which is why she wasn't eating.

The vet also found a lower one that also was resorbing.....

*sigh*

I work at two different vet clinics now due to the damn economy AND
pick up shifts at the local e-clinic, AND work a night job from home.
I've been burning the candle at both ends in order to pay bills, save
money AND go to the Burning Man festival...

Now I'm $375 lighter...........All the extra money I've earned the
past two weeks, will have to go now to paying off an even higher
credit card bill which I was JUST starting to make headway on.....

But on the lighter side, this is WITH my employee discount. Without
it, the total would have been near $600. And this is a different vet
too. The last vet I worked with gave employees a bigger discount so
Mischief's dental and tooth extraction back in February cost me $300.

But also this just had to happen. I know how painful these can be and
she wasn't eating as much. I wasn't about to just let it be. As a
tech, I know what happens when periodontal disease is left unchecked,
and I wasn't about to let my furry princess still be in pain....

Mayhem is now on liquid meds and is hiding under the bed and giving me
the BIGGEST GUILT trip. I have to drag her out to give the
medication....it is so pitiful. She doesn't fight much but gives me
those SAD eyes....ughhhh.....

*sigh*

My poor baby.....

And now EVERYONE is on a food strike....I've giving them wet w/d and
none of them seem to be as interested. Maybe it's the heat. or maybe
they all are giving me guilt trips.

Purrs that Mayhem's mouth heals fine and that she soon forgives me....

kristi
Old June 20th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mischief" wrote in message

Purrs that Mayhem's mouth heals fine and that she soon forgives me....

kristi

Purrs are on the way. I'm sure a lot of the problem is the heat, and she'll
forgive you soon.

Joy

Old June 20th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mischief wrote:
snip
Purrs that Mayhem's mouth heals fine and that she soon forgives me....

kristi

Purrs on the way for Mayhem and you.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 20th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I love the way you tell a story, Kristi. :~) Still, poor Mayhem. Purrs
that she gets over this quickly.

kili

Old June 20th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 20, 3:15*am, Mischief wrote:
[...]

Purrs for all your household. Forgiveness will come when she stops
being sore.

--
Will in New Haven

Old June 20th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, poor baby. Tons of purrs and prayers that
Mayhem starts feeling better soon and that your
financial situation gets better, we know your pain!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 21st 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

"Mischief" wrote in message

[...]

I know, what kinda of crap is this? I work THREE, sometimes FOUR jobs
and I 'm stressing about bills. I just started doing all of this, so
I'm waiting for the checks to come in. But commuting 20+ miles to
work every day wit the gas prices is bulls****

oh, and my RVT renewal came in too. It's not due until the end of
July but it's another $100. *sigh*

ugh.......

But despite the heat, the cats got ice cubes in their water dishes
tonight. Which they appreciated...

Kristi
Old June 22nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Purrs enroute for both of you.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 22nd 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, Kristi.
Lots and lots of purrs for Mayhem and hugs for you, Kristi,
Polonca and Soncek