Decision made (OT)

Old June 24th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Decision made (OT)

8 weeks after my successful interview at St Thomas for the
histopathology job - 6 weeks after I KNOW my references were taken up
and returned and 5 weeks after I got my occupational health clearance
(so by this time, I was thinking I hadn't got it and worrying which of
my referees I should never use again!) finally their HR Department
called me to arrange a start date..... (sedated snails move faster
than the NHS HR departments!)

Well as you all know I have hummed and hawed about this- got locked
into the didactic mode of decision making (MatSav's definition), done
an analysis of the pro's and con's of staying versus moving and moving
versus staying

So what did I tell them?

I lied and said I had been offered a better paid job so sorry (and I
really am- they were such nice people) I had to go where the money is
(it's the one factor that could swing it-the cost of living over here
is getting bad! It's not even luxuries any more- Tweed is onto a
winner..eggs are going through the roof (figuratively not literally)
and even bread is becoming a luxury! At least halfway decent bread
is!)

Anyway HR have gone back to talk to the office manager I probably
won't hear anything else and will see the job re-advertised shortly
but they might come back and talk extra money and if they do then I'll
listen

But I am not going to think about it if they do, they do if not I have
an interview on Thursday (same money but a short bus ride so
effectively a pay rise)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 24th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sure it's a relief to know you've finally made your decision. It is
also nice to know that they do want you, even if they did take forever to
tell you.

Joy

Old June 24th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
I had to go where the money is
(it's the one factor that could swing it-the cost of living over here
is getting bad! It's not even luxuries any more- Tweed is onto a
winner..eggs are going through the roof (figuratively not literally)

Until Monday morning. The high winds we had over Sunday and Sunday night
ripped the gate off from my orchard and a fox got in there. It managed to
tear the roof bit off the laying boxes which are on the outside of the hut
and make away with two of my "only a few" hens that are laying that I have
left. The others are so elderly I just allow them to "geriatric around.."
Fortunately, Mr Fox was not able to break into Francis Drake's hut nearby.
He was safe. Despite many attempts to find girlies for him within driving
distance, I haven't been able to. He just loved those chickens, he used to
settle himself down beside them once he had done his running up and down the
orchard thing and look at me trying to fly in the morning - he can't because
he's huge.. and after a bit of breakfast they were company for him.
Poor chap. Now he's all alone. He actually seems sad today.
I will have to give it some thought as to how I can find him some new
companions. Maybe try and repair the foxed hut at the weekend and transfer
a few other chickens there.
Ideally, he needs two or three Muscovy ducks. I did have the chance of one
only, but apparently Muscovy drakes will rape one duck to death and need
several, so I said no.
Francis is at least in a better place than the roasting pan which was where
he was going. I almost stole him, I forced my friend to give him to me when
he said he was going to eat him.
He's a charming bird. He's so cheerful when he comes out of his hut in the
morning. I guess you would be as an alternative to the pot, eh? g

Tweed

Old June 25th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:

I lied and said I had been offered a better paid job so sorry (and I
really am- they were such nice people) I had to go where the money is
(it's the one factor that could swing it-the cost of living over here
is getting bad! It's not even luxuries any more- Tweed is onto a
winner..eggs are going through the roof (figuratively not literally)
and even bread is becoming a luxury! At least halfway decent bread
is!)

Unfortunately, the problem seems to be world-wide! Fuel costs are a
good part of it, but add in the floods in America's Modwest (which
supplies a very large portion of the world's grain), the disappearing
honey-bees (that pollinate most of the world's crops) and the dwindling
supply of salmon and other food fish (presumably from the effects of
pollution and global warming). Even the "wealthy" nations are feeling
the pinch - the plight of "third world" countries doesn't bear thinking
about!