attempt at moving in...

Old June 25th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default attempt at moving in...

Opened the front door this morning and in rushed..

... a ginger cat

an intact ginger tom (young adult).

Said cat is distinctly *not* feral or abused. He's in very good condition
and well fed. he just happens to think Chateau Wafflycat is home. Which it's
not. Waffles decided to make sure said intruder knew it. She's smaller than
him, missing an eye & many fange but she became a whirling ball of growling,
hissing, *feistiness* with razor blades attached. In addition, Francis
puffed up to three times his normal size, with a tail like a Christmas tree
and promptly did his 'I'm a huge scary crab' dance complete with sound
effects of growls. Marble did his usual, 'Hey Dude, make yourself at, like,
home. Food is over there Dude."

For the safety of said ginger cat, who by now was taking turns sitting at my
feet or Vernon's feet, blinking up at us and making pathetic mewing noises
of the "feed me, I'm cute" type, I picked him up, whereupon he purred
*loudly*, andf put him outside. He did a swift turn about and ran back
inside. It took several attempts to get him outside. The front door closed,
he sat on the porch and mewed. Now this cat is in good shape, he's *not*
feral, not neglected and he has a pair of b*ll*cks the size of golfballs.
I'm wondering if he's someone's lost pet.

I went out into the back garden to attend to the hens: fresh water,
breakfast, clean out hen house.. As I'm doing this I hear The Laydeez do
what I know as there "What's going on there?" cluck. They freeze and stare
behind me. I stop and look. Cue pair of giant ginger b*ll*cks rubbing
themselves against my leg and making purring/mewing noises. B*gg*r.

To cut a long story short, hens have been fed, watered, house & run cleaned
out for the morning.
My black trousers are covered in ginger cat fur from the knees downward.
Waffles is still growling and there is much tail lashing.
Francis is on guard duty, patroling the internal perimeter gates and making
sure no ginger intruder gets in.
Marble is chilled and eating (his favourite pastime).
Giant ginger b*ll*cks is outside tucking into a dish of cat food.

If giant ginger b*ll*cks sticks around, I'll be contacting local vets,
rescue places to see if there's anyone missing a ginger cat.

Old June 25th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
snip
If giant ginger b*ll*cks sticks around, I'll be contacting local vets,
rescue places to see if there's anyone missing a ginger cat.

If he hung around here for more than a few days I'd take to the vet and ask
them to scan for a microchip. If he didn't have one I'd make arrangements
for those b*ll*cks to be removed.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 25th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

wafflycat wrote:

Giant ginger b*ll*cks

You have named him!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 25th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 25 Jun., 08:17, "wafflycat"
wrote:

Giant ginger b*ll*cks is outside tucking into a dish of cat food.

So, there you go, at least he got what he needed. ggg
I like Marbles chilled attitude.

Maybe Ginger will stay a few days at your garden and then go on on his
adventure trail.
I experience visitors like this (with b*ll**s) sometimes during summer
when the air is warm and adventure calls.
Most f them go home or on to adventure after some days ähm - one or
two have decided to stay.

Have fun

Bettina
Old June 25th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Well, he does have the chutzpah to match his set!

He sounds like a nice little fellow. Purrs that he has a home, and that
they get a clue.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 25th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Well, he does have the chutzpah to match his set!

He sounds like a nice little fellow. Purrs that he has a home, and that
they get a clue.

If he turns up again, he's likely going to get a collar & ID tag on it. But
the ID tag will have a message on it about him being a lovely cat but he
needs to be neutered.... I'll see if I can dig out an old collar belonging
to one of my three. You never know, the message may get through.

Old June 25th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default Update: attempt at moving in...

He's been hanging around outside all day - at the front, sunning himself on
the gravel driveway.

He is now in hiding, as he has had to suffer indignity from two females.

Waffles is sat out there growling, howling, claws at the ready, and the
stranger is slinking off under the bushes at a safe distance from the vision
of feline hell in front of him.

Not only that he is now sporting a fluorescent pink velvet cat collar, with
bell & ID tag. The hot pink clashes wonderfully with his orange stripes. The
ID tag says "He's a lovely cat, but he needs to be neutered to stop him
wandering" Perhaps A Clue[TM] will be forthcoming in the brain of owner. We
shall see if he returns still wearing collar or not. If he does, I'll be
confident he is a lost cat rather than a local one, if you see what I mean.

Old June 26th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wafflycat wrote:

He's been hanging around outside all day - at the front, sunning himself
on the gravel driveway.

He is now in hiding, as he has had to suffer indignity from two females.

Waffles is sat out there growling, howling, claws at the ready, and the
stranger is slinking off under the bushes at a safe distance from the
vision of feline hell in front of him.

Not only that he is now sporting a fluorescent pink velvet cat collar,
with bell & ID tag. The hot pink clashes wonderfully with his orange
stripes. The ID tag says "He's a lovely cat, but he needs to be neutered
to stop him wandering" Perhaps A Clue[TM] will be forthcoming in the
brain of owner. We shall see if he returns still wearing collar or not.
If he does, I'll be confident he is a lost cat rather than a local one,
if you see what I mean.

But Helen, he saw the giant, visible only to animals, sign in front of
your house: Simmons' Home for Wayward Pets and Poultry. It was like an
engraved invitation.

Purrs that he gets sorted soon without too much trauma for the senior
feline residents.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 26th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:

He's been hanging around outside all day - at the front, sunning himself
on the gravel driveway.

Poor boy, he'd really like to stay, wouldn't he? I hope his people
contact you or at least fix the boy bits.

Old June 26th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Well, he does have the chutzpah to match his set!

He sounds like a nice little fellow. Purrs that he has a home, and that
they get a clue.

If he turns up again, he's likely going to get a collar & ID tag on it. But
the ID tag will have a message on it about him being a lovely cat but he
needs to be neutered.... I'll see if I can dig out an old collar belonging
to one of my three. You never know, the message may get through.

I hope he wasn't abandoned!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Moving! badwilson Cat anecdotes 28 November 1st 07 10:29 PM
Moving Day EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 9 October 28th 07 07:55 PM
moving Leonid Gluhovsky Cats - misc 1 July 16th 07 10:50 AM
Moving jmc Cat health & behaviour 4 March 26th 06 01:07 PM
you won't attempt me moving to your polite cellar Norma F. Sabato Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:19 AM