Update: Little Girl

Old December 10th 05, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update: Little Girl

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic shot,
and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they took
blood.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old December 10th 05, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

ROFL! Hmmm, now that suggests to me that if you thought he was pregnant
he's been enjoying plenty of good food recently, plus he is neutered so he
must have a home somewhere nearby. Someone must be missing him, maybe he
escaped accidentally. Is it possible to advertise him as found at all? In
a local newspaper, perhaps? I've always had best results from putting up
posters on lamp posts here, but this is UK and I don't know if you could do
this where you live, Mark.

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic shot,
and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they took
blood.

That's all very good news.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

I hope you'll be able to get him back to his home, though. It would be the
nicest Christmas present his hoomins ever had.

Tweed

Old December 10th 05, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:36:38 -0000, Mark Edwards
wrote:

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic shot,
and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they took
blood.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

Mark Edwards

lol -- I've had the same problem, Mark, although I've gotten better in
recent years! At least it's easy to change "Little Girl" to "Little
Boy"! I never could change Circe to anything else; I joked about
spelling it "Sir Sea" instead, but never did. ;-)

Glad he is going to be okay.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old December 10th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic shot,
and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they took
blood.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

Mark Edwards

LOL! I'm glad he isn't pregnant, and especially glad about the negative
FelV test. I hope he recovers quickly. Have you officially changed his
name, or will he still be known as Little Girl? ;-)

Joy

Old December 10th 05, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 10 Dec 2005 10:36:38a, Mark Edwards wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad -
Little Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is
assuredly NOT pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic
shot, and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they
took blood.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

I just saw your purr post, and then this. Great news! Are you
keeping him? I might have missed that. This was the little girl
that Senyah let in that everyone was sulking over, right? LOL

PS - I loved your snow pics, and the one with the iced tire was
just amazing! I've never seen anything like that!

--
Cheryl
Old December 10th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

All that is left is to shave his leg, administer an antibiotic shot,
and give him a round of antibiotics.

He was mostly good with the vet staff, and only yowled when they took
blood.

We go home in a little bit - as soon as he gets his shot...

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

At least it's good news. Congratulations, Mark
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old December 10th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you so much for taking such good care of him, Mark. Hopefully he
has a home and will be reunited with his humans really soon.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old December 10th 05, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 10 Dec 2005 06:40:59p, Mark Edwards wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I wish we could. If we don't find his people, we need to find
him a new home (so that WE don't end up having to find a new
home).

I understand. Sending purrs for you guys to find him a new home!
Should be easier after his good vet visit. Hang some flyers, talk to
some rescue groups, I know I know, you guys have done all this
before. )

--
Cheryl
Old December 11th 05, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:
It seems that my gender identifying skills have gone bad - Little
Girl is a neutered Little Boy, which means he is assuredly NOT
pregnant (grin).

He is also negative on FelV, and has managed to open his abscess
enough for it to start draining.

Good news. But if he is 'fluffy' enough for you to think he was
pregnant, surely he has a home? Unless he has worms...

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi