Purrs for a friend (OT)

Old February 14th 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Purrs for a friend (OT)

On Feb 13, 2:25*pm, Cheryl wrote:

And, of course, retain your own common-sense about the ones who advise
sex therapy!

Like my bosses? 2 of them are sex therapists!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 14th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
Dave got an email Thursday from a friend of ours (more his than mine
but she was wonderfully supportive when he was in hospital) who has
been fighting cancer for 2-3 years now. She has just been told there
is nothing more they can do and she hasn't got much longer through
they don't know how much longer (They did say they could try chemo but
it had a 1 in 10 chance of giving her a couple of months at best and
the last time she had chemo she had bad side effects although that was
worth it as she got 18 or so good months but she doesn't want to
suffer again for a 1 in 10 chance of such a short time)
Purrs would be appreciated

Purrs on the way.

minnow ^..^
--
http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old February 15th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 13, 9:28 am, "Christina Websell"
And to her credit, she did bring me Simon (who wept when he saw me, but
tried to hide it)
He's been wonderful, seen me through all sorts of dreadful things for
years,
but the ca thing was almost as hard for him as it was for me.

He sounds great but I am not sure I trust counselling as I say my
only experience put me off...that was when I was at 16 in college and
the college counsellor told me what I needed to do was lose my
virginity but not as he put it "To some oik in the bike shed" but
rather to "A sophisticated mature older man" and guess which one he
though he was?... when I said I'd complain, he was like "Go
ahead...crazy mixed up teenager accusing respectable happily married
middle aged man I'll say you wanted sex with me and I refused so
you're making this up out of spite" He got caught when he tried it
with a girl whose parents had clout and believed her.....I wanted to
tell my mum but she was against me going to college 'cos as far as she
was concerned I had "stolen" a place from some guy who needed to get
qualifications to get a good job and support a wife and kids....If I
had told her she would have taken that as ammunition to persuade me
out of college and get a job in "Woolworths" until the knight in
shining armour came along....If I'd listened to her I'd have been
married at 18 if not sooner (Remind me sometime to tell you about the
guy she would have given permission for me to wed at 16! She reckoned
it was MY fault he got arrested for stealing knickers off washing
lines, being a tranvestite and a male prostitute!) with 2 kids before
20 If I had done that I'd have celebrated my 21st birthday by putting
my head in a gas oven or something!

If I;d met someone like Simon I daresay my view would be a lot less
jaundiced
-----------
It's never your fault if someone steals knickers off washing lines!
Initially I was against having a male counsellor but the females ones
already had too many clients, so I reluctantly agreed to see Simon. I've
never regretted that decision, he is absolutely fantastic. I'm sure he was
a woman in a previous life as he always knew exactly how I felt ;-)

I don't need counselling any more, but he occasionally comes to see me to
see how I am, and now I am counselling him about his new chickens..
He took me a while ago to meet his wife and see his chickens. He's a real
newbie with fowls so I had a chance to pay back what he did for me with some
chicken advice.
He is a true counsellor. No agenda except to help.
Even though we've disengaged from counselling, I can still email him at home
if I want to. I don't but I could.
Tweed

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 15th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Lesley wrote:
On Feb 13, 2:25 pm, Cheryl wrote:

And, of course, retain your own common-sense about the ones who advise
sex therapy!

Like my bosses? 2 of them are sex therapists!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm sure they don't volunteer as the partner for the sex therapy! That's
always a danger sign.

A married local doctor lost her license after providing 'counselling' to
a married man (whose wife was also a patient of hers) that involved a
torrid affair.

--
Cheryl
Old February 16th 10, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

So sorry to read this, Lesley - many purrs for your friend from us and also
for you all.
Christine

Old February 16th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Ohhh, I am so sorry to hear of this..purrs and prayers lovingly sent from
our home..
Love
Kyla

"Christine Burel"
So sorry to read this, Lesley - many purrs for your friend from us and
also for you all.
Christine
"Lesley" Dave got an email Thursday from a friend of ours (more his

Old February 17th 10, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
Dave got an email Thursday from a friend of ours (more his than mine
but she was wonderfully supportive when he was in hospital) who has
been fighting cancer for 2-3 years now. She has just been told there
is nothing more they can do and she hasn't got much longer through
they don't know how much longer (They did say they could try chemo but
it had a 1 in 10 chance of giving her a couple of months at best and
the last time she had chemo she had bad side effects although that was
worth it as she got 18 or so good months but she doesn't want to
suffer again for a 1 in 10 chance of such a short time)
Purrs would be appreciated

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Better late than never, I'm giving Persia some scritches to rev up purrs for
your friend.

Jill

Purrs for a friend please Lesley Cat anecdotes 9 September 1st 07 10:29 PM
Purrs for my friend, please jmcquown Cat anecdotes 12 May 23rd 07 07:56 PM
Purrs for a friend Karen Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:18 AM
Purrs for a friend CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:17 AM
Purrs for a friend Irulan Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 02:26 AM