Urine odor

Old September 8th 03, 12:29 AM
Girl Jamie

Default Urine odor

WE had to take our cat to the vet a couple of weeks ago and as I was inside
writing a check my husband took Mickey out to the car, set him on the seat
and Mickey got terrified and peed in a very large area. Needless to say,
the car smells horrible now. We poured vinegar/water solution into the seat
and then a cat urine deodorizer (can't think of the name) and it did nothing
for the odor.
Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Old September 8th 03, 01:44 AM
William Hamblen

On 2003-09-07, Girl Jamie wrote:

WE had to take our cat to the vet a couple of weeks ago and as I was inside
writing a check my husband took Mickey out to the car, set him on the seat
and Mickey got terrified and peed in a very large area. Needless to say,
the car smells horrible now. We poured vinegar/water solution into the seat
and then a cat urine deodorizer (can't think of the name) and it did nothing
for the odor.

Have you tried taking the seats out for a more thorough cleaning?
At last resort you can have the seats reupholstered.

A cat carrier with a solid bottom is a good thing to have.
I have a "Pet Taxi", which has a molded plastic top and
bottom with a wire door. It comes apart for washing.

Old September 8th 03, 01:44 AM
William Hamblen

Old September 8th 03, 01:44 AM
William Hamblen

Old September 8th 03, 05:44 AM
Sherry

WE had to take our cat to the vet a couple of weeks ago and as I was inside
writing a check my husband took Mickey out to the car, set him on the seat
and Mickey got terrified and peed in a very large area. Needless to say,
the car smells horrible now. We poured vinegar/water solution into the seat
and then a cat urine deodorizer (can't think of the name) and it did nothing
for the odor.
Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I once had a neighborhood tom cat spray in my car when I forgot to roll the
windows up one night. Phewww. Here's what I did, and it worked. Get some
"enzyme" cleaner, specifically for pet odor. Nature's Miracle is the one I
used, but there are others on the market. Spray it liberally on the spot, keep
it moist for at least eight hours so it can work. (A Bissell Little Green or
other portable "steam cleaner" is great for this) Don't use any kind of
detergent before using the Nature's Miracle. Then I took my HEPA air filter out
into the car, and let it run. Re-apply the Nature's Miracle if itt doesn't work
the first time or two. Good luck!!

Sherry

Old September 8th 03, 09:43 AM
IBen Getiner

"Girl Jamie" wrote in message m...
WE had to take our cat to the vet a couple of weeks ago and as I was inside
writing a check my husband took Mickey out to the car, set him on the seat
and Mickey got terrified and peed in a very large area. Needless to say,
the car smells horrible now. We poured vinegar/water solution into the seat
and then a cat urine deodorizer (can't think of the name) and it did nothing
for the odor.
Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I take it that you have not succumd to the vicious persistent clamor
of those who would shove you towards sexual mutilation upon your male
cat. This is very good. We could never visit such a barbaric
monstroisity upon out little guy either. It is far better for us to
endure what nature intended rather than change his little life forever
with the totally unnecessary and cruel procedure know as 'neutering'.
Thank God there are some left among us how have transcended our own
self-centeredness.
Thanks, Jamie. It was good to read your post.

IBen