OT Facebook

Old September 21st 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default OT Facebook

I tried Facebook for awhile and found it to be fun, but I spent way too much
time on it. I'm on My Space now. And even at that, I hardly go there.
Kyla

"Granby"
From k/12, I went away to a state school for the blind. I never got to
know many of my cousins as I was never around, only through the summer. I
finally joined facebook and have met so many relatives and old friends.
Don't do the games, just the gab and, I love it. Nice to know what
happened to those who walked through my life at one point or the other.

bastXXXet
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Someone - don't know who b/c Jack doesn't attribute quotes - wrote:

I'm apologize in advance; I'm not trying to be mean.
I just don't find Facebook interesting.

I hope this means you didn't at least try to watch the funny cat-on-
head video I posted! (Different thread, I think.)

You know, I'd always felt that way, too. I like long and thoughtful
discussions, and the idea of getting nothing but a bunch of soundbites
from people seemed utterly pointless, not to mention annoying, to me.
So I've always avoided things like Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.

But recently, after receiving several emails from friends urging me to
join Facebook and "friend" them, I finally relented. I accepted the
inevitable and have been assimilated - I now have a Facebook account.
And - surprise - I actually enjoy it. People from various stages of my
life (and after several decades of living, I've had a lot of stages)
have found their way to me via that site. Also, although the posts are
short, they're not dumb. There is some dumb stuff, but I "hide" all the
games posts so I don't have to see people's scores in this or that
Facebook game, which doesn't interest me at all. But it's nice to hear
from people I haven't seen in years. And it's great to have folks from
various times, places, interests and communities all together in one
place. BTW, quite a few RCPA'ers are there, too!

Joyce

--
In war you kill the people who are the victims of the tyrant you
claim to be fighting against. -- Howard Zinn