Wife sitting in chair

Old December 15th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default Wife sitting in chair

I have written several responses to this silliness, but all were too
inflamatory to post...

I will just point out it was YOU who posted the cat purpsoesly sunk his
claws in your wifes leg, not indicating love grabs... it was you who
revelaed you married someone who cicked out at at cat in you care rather
than stopping the behavior in the first place... and if the cat was only
doing love pokes as joyce and a couple others have indicated hthenit is
clear to me at least you wrote this to start a flame war in a group that has
been working very hard to not have them...

whatever your motive, regrdless of your past history in this and any other
group, this is is either silly, mean spirited or senile, any of which i do
not have time for...

as to my ability for caring for cats, i have no need to justify it to you as
you mean nothing to me.

Lee
"David Stevenson" wrote in message
Storrmmee wrote
what a sad story, that your wife would tolerate such behavior so many
times
and then instead of instituting proper behavior on her part, resorts to
stupidly kicking at a cat,

you would think someone who has had cats as long as the two of you have
would have know better, both to not allow it to happen that many times and
to resort to that sort of kicking at a cat, Lee

Clearly you have no idea of cat behaviour. I feel very sorry for you.
Fortunately my wife is not so stupid.

It is a shame that you think that criticising perfect strangers who you
have never met over behaviour you clearly do not understand is what this
newsgroup is for.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old December 15th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 16/12/2010 1:42 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
I have written several responses to this silliness, but all were too
inflamatory to post...

I will just point out it was YOU who posted the cat purpsoesly sunk his
claws in your wifes leg, not indicating love grabs... it was you who
revelaed you married someone who cicked out at at cat in you care rather
than stopping the behavior in the first place...

Can I just point out that none of us know:

a) with what force Nico used his claws and
b) with what force David's wife attempted to kick Nico.

David is entitled to use 'poetic licence' in his anecdotes. Perhaps the
words he used were not the best ones to paint an accurate picture (but
in the realm of anecdote writing, being 'accurate' is not the point) and
given the tinder-box nature of the group at the moment, were an
unfortunate choice to describe the situation. None the less, we know
that cats can 'tap' with their claws with no harm done, just as a human
can use their foot to gently poke a cat with no harm done. These actions
could well be described as 'clawing' and 'kicking' but are not in the
same league as multiple deep bloody gouges or the cat suddenly being
propelled into the air at speed due to foot application.

Its simply a matter of /degree/.

I am sure that David would be among the first to condemn kicking a cat
with the same force one would use to kick a football, and I am equally
sure that if Nico was taking great gouges out of David's wife's legs,
neither David nor his wife would have just sat there and let it happen.

and if the cat was only
doing love pokes as joyce and a couple others have indicated hthenit is
clear to me at least you wrote this to start a flame war in a group that has
been working very hard to not have them...

whatever your motive, regrdless of your past history in this and any other
group, this is is either silly, mean spirited or senile, any of which i do
not have time for...

Past posting history does help establish a track record of motivation.
David is one of the longest posters here (he dates back to before The
Split). I can assure one and all that David has never ever posted out of
spite, mean spiritedness, senility or to start a flame war.

He is however a passionate fellow and extremely protective of his wife,
as you can probably see.

I'm not justifying his reaction to all of this brou-haha, as I think its
just as extreme and out of character as Gandalf's initial reaction, but
given both David and Gandalf's past posting history, I'm prepared to cut
both Gandalf and David some slack and chalk it up to hot-buttons being
pressed at a stressful time of year.

This is not to discourage you (Stormee) from killfiling David if you
think its the best course of action. Thats your call, and I have no
business telling you how to read the group.

Yowie
Old December 15th 10, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
snuffy

Its obvious that David Stevenson does not love his wife and it very
sad that Mr. and Mrs. Stevenson continue to live together. The wife
is doing her best to ignore the situation but the cat is aware of her
feelings and is trying to wake her up. Mr. Stevenson seems pleased
that their cat patted her with its claws out. 3 times right in front
of his eyes without him doing anything about it. I've lately taken
up meditation and when Snuffy walks in as Im meditating he always
wants to get involved. The first time I had my eyes closed and was
sitting on the floor, he patted me on the leg and it felt so
wonderful but he didnt have his claws out. Now he just does the
figure 8 around my legs. which means get up and do something. But
during play he has had his claws out at bit. The cat wants Mrs.
Stevenson to realize what is going on with her husband and leave
him. . Wake up Mrs Stevenson and leave that bum.

On Dec 12, 9:23*pm, David Stevenson wrote:
* Nico looks at her. *Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

* "Owww !!!!"

* Nico looks at her. *Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

* "Owww !!!!"

* Nico looks at her. *Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

* "Owww !!!!" *Then she kicks out.

* Don't worry, she missed. *Nico is quick.

Old December 16th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

snuffy wrote:

[a completely made-up story about David and his wife]

And how do you know all this?

Joyce

--
Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur. -- Paul Gallico
Old December 16th 10, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"snuffy" wrote in message

Trolling snipped.

Recipes, anyone?

Joy

Old December 16th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Granby wrote
I put you in KF then took you out trying to be a reasonable person. Now you
you.

*I* was not the horrible person who decided to attack a perfect
stranger on this NG. If you support that sort of personal attack, I
hope you never read anything of mine and I hope I never read anything of
yours again.

You may expect personal attacks on your family. I do not and find
them extremely upsetting.

Old December 16th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Storrmmee wrote
[...]

I was not the person who made a personal attack on a perfect stranger.
If you support that sort of post then I hope you disappear form this NG.

As for starting a flame war, a little funny post does not do that: a
personal attack does.

Pity you have no understanding of cat5s nor sense of humour.

Old December 16th 10, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

snuffy wrote
[...]

What a wonderful post. Now there's a really nice person.

Old December 16th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

David Stevenson wrote:
snuffy wrote
[...]

I'm not sure, but I think the above was meant to be some kind of
parody.
Old December 16th 10, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Takayuki wrote:
David Stevenson wrote:
snuffy wrote
[...]

Ya think? IMHO Everybody should have taken a nap so they would feel
better. Best wishes. MLB