I give up OT

Old December 22nd 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I give up OT

Earlier this autumn, I congratulated myself on having such a good annual
check-up at the dentist's. She found nothing that needed work. Then last
week, I bit into a rye sandwich, and a piece of my front tooth, or
rather the filling that covered the front of my front tooth, cracked. I
got first aid at the free tooth clinic, and I saw my dentist yesterday
and had it fixed. The emergency dentist had written a note to my dentist
about what she'd done. Somehow she had worded the note very poorly, and
my TED thought the whole tooth had cracked. She was really sorry and
saying how I would need a lot of work, a temporary implant and then a
permanent implant etc.

But when she couldn't get the tooth to budge at all when she felt it,
she finally wipped out a mirror and told me to show her where it
cracked. I showed her the sliver on the side that had cracked (and the
emergency TED had glued back). Oh, she was so releived, this is easy to
fix! Forget about extractions and implants etc. This is just a breeze
compared to all that. Whew! I had started counting the cost of all the
procedures.

Well, today I was eating a sandwich. I hear a crack and feel that, by
now oh so familiar, feeling in my mouth. Yes, you've guessed it. This
time the whole tooth did crack.

I give up. I'm going to bed. Wake me up when it's 2006.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 22nd 05, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Marina. You do so deserve a break!
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for your luck to change even
before 2006,
Polonca and Soncek

Marina wrote:
Earlier this autumn, I congratulated myself on having such a good annual
check-up at the dentist's. She found nothing that needed work. Then last
week, I bit into a rye sandwich, and a piece of my front tooth, or
rather the filling that covered the front of my front tooth, cracked.

snip Oh, she was so releived, this is easy to

Old December 22nd 05, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Well, today I was eating a sandwich. I hear a crack and feel that, by now
oh so familiar, feeling in my mouth. Yes, you've guessed it. This time the
whole tooth did crack.

I give up. I'm going to bed. Wake me up when it's 2006.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

It sounds like we are going to have similar dental work! I have to get
another crown next week.

MaryL

Old December 22nd 05, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Well, today I was eating a sandwich. I hear a crack and feel that, by now
oh so familiar, feeling in my mouth. Yes, you've guessed it. This time the
whole tooth did crack.

I give up. I'm going to bed. Wake me up when it's 2006.

Well, it could be said you could do with a break. But not one of those kinds
of breaks! You have my sympathy.

Festive cheers, helen s
(only 2500+ posts unread on the newsgroup... sigh...)

Old December 22nd 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

*OUCH*!!! Dental purrs coming your way.

I'm afraid that's what's going to happen to me. I have three root canals
that I haven't been able to get crowns for yet.

Hugs,

CatNipped

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old December 22nd 05, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Well, today I was eating a sandwich. I hear a crack and feel that, by now
oh so familiar, feeling in my mouth. Yes, you've guessed it. This time the
whole tooth did crack.

I give up. I'm going to bed. Wake me up when it's 2006.

Here's to a nice long nap and a good new year.

There isn't a much worse time to mess up a tooth is there? The Christmas
afternoon my brother broke off both his front teeth while teaching me to
roller skate was pretty bad timing too.

Hope the fix goes easier and less expensive than you think.

Jo

Old December 22nd 05, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

((((((((((Marina))))))))))

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old December 23rd 05, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oy vay, my sympathies, Marina. I will conjure up a spell and when you wake
up it will be 2006 and all your teeth will be good and healthy.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 23rd 05, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Aaargh, how frustrating! I'm so sorry Marina. Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old December 23rd 05, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:12:43 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Well, today I was eating a sandwich. I hear a crack and feel that, by
now oh so familiar, feeling in my mouth. Yes, you've guessed it. This
time the whole tooth did crack.

I give up. I'm going to bed. Wake me up when it's 2006.

Ouch!! Many soothing purrs coming your way.

--
CATherine