A cat forum. CatBanter

Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

Old October 4th 18, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

Not literally. I had the audacity to go out and run errands today.

I felt sure I'd given Buffy plenty of attention when I got home. We
played for a while. Then I turned my attention to the computer, which I
haven't done for a few days. She was sitting in my lap, getting scritches.

I got distracted because there was a doe and her still-speckled fawn
(late in the year, even this far south) meandering around in my back
yard. So cute! Meanwhile, Buffy got down off my lap. I didn't notice
where she went.

I got up to get a drink from the kitchen. It's dusk so it's dark in the
kitchen. I didn't even have a chance to reach for the light switch. I
got to the kitchen doorway and she *burst* out of the kitchen yelling
"MEOW!!!"

I screamed like a little girl! OMG, are you trying to give me a heart
attack?!

Jill

Old October 4th 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/3/2018 7:28 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

It *was* a BCT! Quite surprising! She's usually a pretty laid back
cat. I really did scream. Thank goodness no one else was around to
hear me when I realized it was just the cat. LOL

Jill
Old October 5th 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/4/2018 3:14 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 10/3/2018 7:28 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Sounds like she had a message from Sweeper, the practical joker (RB).

Judith

I believe it! Persia (RB) was full of BCT's. I've mentioned she once
opened the pantry door and got a can of Fancy Feast down off the shelf.
Hint hint, meowmie, I want it now!

Another time she opened the one of the two metal bi-fold doors that hid
the washer & dryer in the apartment. She jumped up on the dryer, then
down beside it between the dryer and the wall. Naturally, she couldn't
jump back up; I had to move the dryer to get her out. That BCT
backfired on her. Good thing I was at home! I had to put big rubber
bands around the doorknobs to prevent her from opening them again. She
was a little too smart for her own good.

One time she crashed through the sliding door screen when she saw
another cat on the patio. She knocked the screen off the bottom track
and it opened like a cat-flap. I'm pretty sure she was surprised to
find herself outside! That little trick backfired, too. But it
prompted me to buy a baby-gate to put up when I opened the glass slider
so she couldn't do it again.

The things we do for our cats!

Jill
Old October 15th 18, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 04/10/2018 00:16, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

That's hilarious, great BCT! Nelli & Garfie a.k.a The Poshgirls are
exotic shorthairs and as such have very tiny hardly audible meows so
this cannot happen to me phew
Old October 15th 18, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/15/2018 11:10 AM, Tina wrote:
[...]

Buffy rarely goes into the kitchen, not even when I'm in there cooking
something, so she scared me but good! It's interesting how some cats
have loud meows and some are like a whisper. I'm glad your Nellie and
Garfie won't be able to pull that BCT!

Jill
Old October 17th 18, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on October 31, 2018.

In article , jmcquown

[...]

So True. We had a bolt, not on the bathroom door but the bathroom cupboard
door to keep Sootie out. We changed the doors a couple of months ago and
she can't open these.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.
Old October 17th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

Tina wrote:
[...]

Now making that statement is asking for trouble. Tiny meows or not.

Judith

Old October 17th 18, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/17/2018 3:05 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Tina wrote:
[...]

Hmmmm, tiny meows might just mean they can sneak up more stealthily.

Jill