At the moment..

Old December 31st 04, 12:28 AM
Christina Websell

Default At the moment..

I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to refresh
the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Tweed

Old December 31st 04, 12:47 AM
Shiral

Heh... I gave up on trying to catch up with all the messages on this
forum a long time ago. =o) 24 hours? Wouldn't help me catch up on all
the stuff I've already missed that this group has discussed! After
all, cats have to be fed, loved, and cuddled, and every so often, we
simply DO have to sleep!

Melissa

Old December 31st 04, 01:35 AM
Bill Stock

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to refresh
the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Tweed

You think these guys are bad, you should see the Woodworking group. I don't
know how these guys get any work done, they're so busy yakking. Nothing
worse than a bunch of chatty old men talking about their wives (SWMBO).
There must be a 100 new messages every hour in that group.

Old December 31st 04, 02:57 AM
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to refresh
the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Don't feel bad. I've never had time to read even 10% of the messages here!

Old December 31st 04, 05:51 AM
Yoj

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to

refresh
the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Don't feel bad. I've never had time to read even 10% of the messages here!

I don't either. I usually skim, looking for new threads, specific people,
or threads I've responded to.

Joy

Old December 31st 04, 06:39 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-31, Yoj penned:

I don't either. I usually skim, looking for new threads, specific people,
or threads I've responded to.

I've actually configured my newsreader to bump responses to my own posts
up to the top and color them bright red, which has saved me from missing
a lot of important info. Even if I don't have the chance to read
through every recent post, I can see those that pertain to me directly.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 1st 05, 12:32 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to
refresh the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Tweed

I can't see how you will have time to return to work next week. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 1st 05, 08:23 PM
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
I have got down to 47 unread. I need to get down to all unread to
refresh the page which now stands at 8795 messages.
Could you all stop talking for 24 hours? ;-)) LOL. No chance!

Tweed

I can't see how you will have time to return to work next week. ;-)
--

For 10 seconds or so I managed to read them all, and could refresh the page
at last! I had to do it very quickly!

However, it's official. I am going back to work on Tuesday...
I can't say I want to. but I suppose I'm lucky to have a job.

Tweed

Old January 2nd 05, 09:25 AM
Exocat

Purrs for your successful transition back to the dreadful world of work.
And for KFC and BF to quickly forgive you for your neglect.

Just think, though, with luck you might be able to honourably retire at
60 before the Govt. up civil service retirement age to 65!

Our thoughts will be with you

Gordon & the TT

Old January 3rd 05, 04:37 AM
Jean Hobbs

My goodness how do you get it down to 47?I couldn't even get
down to the new messages,every so often I have to get my son to delete
a few thousand,he's just done that for me today lol Jean.P.