Digging?

Old December 20th 04, 09:32 AM
Dave

Default Digging?

One of my cats has just recently (within the past 8-12 hours) taken up
digging. She's tried to dig up the bathtub, the front door, the door to
the basement, and the bathroom sink so far.

As I write this she has just finished a 10-15 minute tub digging tour,
and she is now stretched out in the tub having a nap (which is a little
weird for her, I've never seen any of them sleep in the tub before)

She's a little over a year old, spayed, no health problems to date, and
frankly, this is weird. My other two cats (two females one male,
brother and sisters) are acting normal, although all three of them have
been a little more hyper then normal this evening.

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned, or just add it to the list of
reasons my cats are insane?
Old December 20th 04, 11:09 AM
Mary

"Dave" wrote in message
ews.com...
One of my cats has just recently (within the past 8-12 hours) taken up
digging.

She's not declawed, is she?

Old December 20th 04, 07:43 PM
sarah

Perhaps she was a dog in a previous life and has come back to find that bone
she left hidden....

My prevous cat took to snoozing in the bath tub or bathroom sink during hot
weather.

sarah

Old December 21st 04, 12:08 AM
Laila

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:43:36 GMT, "sarah"
wrote:

Perhaps she was a dog in a previous life and has come back to find that bone
she left hidden....

My prevous cat took to snoozing in the bath tub or bathroom sink during hot
weather.

sarah

i took Shaina to visit my friend, who lives two buildings away and
after she was done with the tour of the apartment, she climbed into
the kitchen sink and just sat there.

-L
Old December 21st 04, 05:33 AM
Dave

In message "sarah"
wrote:

Perhaps she was a dog in a previous life and has come back to find that bone
she left hidden....

Nope, not her. Our male might be a dog though, he comes when you call
him, speaks on command, and I'm part way to training him to fetch

Old December 21st 04, 05:33 AM
Dave

In message equalizer
wrote:

Ivan digs in the enclosure. It's the very first thing he did when I let
him out there for the first time this summer. He went right for the
nearest bare spot of ground and started digging, dog-style, with both
paws, spraying dirt between his hind legs. Drives my freakin' crazy! I
had to bury a bald spot under rocks to stop it, and have to plant grass
as soon as he starts or else he goes to town.

Cute

I don't really mind the digging in this case, Naula can't dig through a
tub so it's not really a concern, it's just weird that she has started
digging in multiple places around the house at once -- I thought I'd
check in case this is a sign of a health problem (like peeing in the
tub/sink can be)

Old December 21st 04, 07:38 AM
Laila

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:33:14 -0700, Dave
wrote:

In message "sarah"
wrote:

Perhaps she was a dog in a previous life and has come back to find that bone
she left hidden....

Nope, not her. Our male might be a dog though, he comes when you call
him, speaks on command, and I'm part way to training him to fetch

Shaina also comes when we call her. she also runs to the door when
someone is ringing the bell, or entering, but we are the ones who are
fetching things.

-L
Old December 21st 04, 08:30 AM
Dave

In message Laila
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:33:14 -0700, Dave
wrote:

In message "sarah"
wrote:

Perhaps she was a dog in a previous life and has come back to find that bone
she left hidden....

Nope, not her. Our male might be a dog though, he comes when you call
him, speaks on command, and I'm part way to training him to fetch

Shaina also comes when we call her. she also runs to the door when
someone is ringing the bell, or entering, but we are the ones who are
fetching things.

Bear (the aforementioned male) is our doorbell. He bolts for the door,
and if I don't answer he comes and meows at me -- It's great, since the
doorbell at this place is pathetically quiet, but I haven't bothered to
replace it yet.

He actually taught himself to fetch, although he doesn't always bring
the toy back to me, sometime he just brings it near me, drops it and
starts meowing. That's okay though, I can work on that.

He's so adorable, and the most communicative cat I've ever seen, 99% of
the time I can tell what he wants by the sound of his meow or his body
language.
Old December 21st 04, 11:44 PM
Sherry

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned, or just add it to the list of
reasons my cats are insane?

Oh, it's just one of those weird things some of them do. Biskit digs on the
windows, digs in the bath tub. She digs on the front storm door, and digs on
pictures on the wall. Also the bathroom mirror. It gets on Bootsie's nerves,
she ususally runs across the room and smacks her for digging on that picture
behind the sofa.

Sherry
Old December 23rd 04, 09:20 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, Sherry penned:
Any thoughts? Should I be concerned, or just add it to the list of reasons
my cats are insane?

Oh, it's just one of those weird things some of them do. Biskit digs on the
windows, digs in the bath tub. She digs on the front storm door, and digs on
pictures on the wall. Also the bathroom mirror. It gets on Bootsie's nerves,
she ususally runs across the room and smacks her for digging on that picture
behind the sofa.

Oscar "digs" at any mirror she can. We have a lovely vanity with a three-way
mirror built into the wall of the bedroom, but we have to stack boxes in front
of it so that she won't keep us up all night with the mirror. No full-length
mirrors to check before leaving the house, either, for the same reason.

She's learned to (mostly) not get on the bathroom counters, at least when
we're around, but even when she "forgets" she doesn't bother with those.
Don't know why.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!