A job for Emily

Old March 6th 05, 05:41 PM
Bobcat

Default A job for Emily

Emily our dear little grey brat-cat is very patient. For a long time she's
tried to teach me a new way to dry off after bathing, and she demonstrates
with her little sandpaper tongue. Recently I remembered this while I was
sitting at the computer and developed one of those annoying itches, this one
on my arm. I thought, "If I scratch it, I'll leave marks". Then I saw Emily
watching me from the desk beside me. I went to the bathroom, dampened a
piece of paper towel, dabbed the itchy spot, and held my arm out to her.
Sure enough, Emily began to lick it dry. Ahhhhh! The tiny barbs on her
tongue brought instant relief, and left no mark. Thanks, Emily. Now - how do
I get you to treat those itches that develop on the back, just out of reach?

There's more about Emily's drying techniques at Flippy's wonderful website,
Flippy's Cat Page: -

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/emilybath.html

Old March 6th 05, 10:14 PM
Katz

My Bonnie (RB) used to rub against my legs as soon as I got out of the
shower. Yea! Cat hair on clean wet legs.

Sounds like Emily is doing a good job.

Katz

Old March 7th 05, 04:11 PM
Kreisleriana

On 6 Mar 2005 13:14:00 -0800, "Katz" yodeled:

My Bonnie (RB) used to rub against my legs as soon as I got out of the
shower. Yea! Cat hair on clean wet legs.

If you just shaved them, she was just trying to restore the balance of
the universe.

Sounds like Emily is doing a good job.

Katz

Theresa