vets who take advantage

Old April 4th 04, 09:35 PM
jesseH

Default vets who take advantage

In two cases, 4 months apart, two different vets: both estimated or said
about $400 to examine, perform blood work, x-rays and to keep cat until
morning.
When cat was picked up, both vest presented bills for $1200. The 1st one
gave in little and was vary arrogant with weak justification, the 2nd vet,
after my complaint, reduced the bill to $440.
It is my conclusion, that a business practice of vets is to lure customer
in, then prey on their emotions to milk the maximum cash.
The cases above do not include the additional vet highly recommended
treatments, like blood transfusion, daily dialysis etc. which were highly
beyond our means.

I feel the vet industry is ripe for some sort of control as we have seen in
the human medical industry and maybe a better and more appropriate example
is the rules and conditions mortuaries now have to operate under. That
business in the past, like vets today, manipulated and influenced those who
were in grief, feigning shock that you wouldn't want to have the best money
can buy for your loved ones.

I am left with an extremely fowl taste of the vet industry and I hope
someday reforms as seen by mortuary and medical industry can become more
prevalent from state to state for vetinary. It is shameful and disgusting
the way vets feed on human emotion to line their pockets

Old April 4th 04, 10:43 PM
RedRiver35

I haven't run into anything quite this blatant, but I know well what you mean.
Cats have become BIG business.

Chelle.
"The day may come when the rest of the animal creation may acquire those rights
which never could have been withholden from them but by the hand of tyranny.
The question is not can they REASON, nor can they TALK, but can they SUFFER?"
-- Jeremy Bentham