(OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

Old July 24th 12, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

I got a recommendation for a new service from someone who lives here and has
used them before. OMG, night and day compared to the Merry Maids fiasco!
They weren't afraid of vacuuming up a little kitty litter and washing the
bathroom floor. They scoffed at the excuse there are cat feces all over the
house. They simply couldn't believe it.

They cleaned the the entire place, top to bottom. They washed the windows,
inside and out. They did an excellent job! And they were fun to have
around, too. They laughed and joked while they were working.

I got a couple of good cleaning tips from them, too. Did you know olive oil
takes stains off of "stainless" steel appliances? I only have one stainless
steel appliance, the front of the dishwasher. (I hate stainless steel, it's
*not" "stainless and it's a PITA to clean.) She used a dab of olive oil on
a rag and it looks great!

Oh, and for cleaning windows, mix a little Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash
(about a capful) in a spray bottle filled with water. No streaks, no
clouding, nada. Good to know and much cheaper than commercial products.
The windows are sparkling now!

OB Cats: When they arrived Persia hid under the bed in the guest bedroom.
When they hadn't left in a few minutes I'm sure she was wondering, "Who are
these people and why are they in my house?!" LOL She stayed under that bed
until the vacuuming moved to that end of the house. I was sitting at the
computer when I saw a grey streak dash past me to my bedroom. She hid under
my bed until about 20 minutes after they left. Just making sure they were
really gone, I guess

Since her daily routine had been so disrupted by strangers, she got a can of
her favourite Fancy Feast for dinner (Turkey & Giblets classic, which is
the pate type.) She was quite happy about that! She was prancing around in
the kitchen, talking to me, while I dished it up Now she's sitting here
next to me. All is right with her world... temporarily. Until I bring in
the guys to clean the carpet...

Jill

Old July 24th 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Glad to know there is a cleaning service you are happy with, some only want
to come in to maintain a tidy and pristine house.
If our houses were clean and pristine we wouldn't need them, would we?
My house is clean but a bit untidy. I've always been untidy since I was a
child, my mother used to moan about it, but I am still a bit untidy even now
;-)

Old July 24th 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Wow, that really is a huge difference. Was there much difference in what
they charged for the job?

Good tips, too. Less expensive and no noxious fumes to inhale or toxic
substances to get on your hands.

Too bad you can't send those folks to me.

OB Cats: When they arrived Persia hid under the bed in the guest bedroom.
When they hadn't left in a few minutes I'm sure she was wondering, "Who are
these people and why are they in my house?!" LOL She stayed under that bed
until the vacuuming moved to that end of the house. I was sitting at the
computer when I saw a grey streak dash past me to my bedroom. She hid under
my bed until about 20 minutes after they left. Just making sure they were
really gone, I guess

Aww, Licky sends his sympathies!

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old July 24th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear they did a good job and that Persia got a treat. Stainless
steel is a bad name for the product, all it means is it doesn't rust, they
should have called it rustless steel.
--
Adrian
Old July 25th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

New computer (mine crapped out on my last night, I'm still trying to figure
this one out. Hence the odd "quoting" separated by my **** between replies.
Sorry!

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

***********
It was a third of the price of the Merry Maids quote! (BTW, I didn't pay MM
what they decided that shoddy job was worth. I had the bank cut them a
check for $50 less than what they estimated that young woman's time was
worth, considering she spent most of her time trying to find an excuse to
leave. I explained in an email to the accounting manager, sorry, they
blatantly lied about the condition of the house. That was over a week ago
so I figure they're going to cut their losses and run. I also told her I
told everyone where I live NOT to hire Merry Maids, and wrote scathing
reviews on Yelp and other review web sites.

This service got excellent reviews from me. They were great! They were
like the white tornadoes. Mid-afternoon, I said, "Don't you want to take a
lunch break?" Shanna went to pick up some lunch ((and strawberry short cake
ice cream bars). I made coffee for Marge. Apparently she's like my dad
used to be; drank coffee all day long. Hey, no problem, I'll brew a pot of
coffee. She even washed the coffee pot before they left
***********
Good tips, too. Less expensive and no noxious fumes to inhale or toxic
substances to get on your hands.

Too bad you can't send those folks to me.
**********
I wish I could!

Old July 25th 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:45:53 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
[...]

I have cats that head off in opposite directions when there are visitors.
Dot gets all excited. Visitors! Yay! Lots of wheelies and general
smothering.

Buster runs away. Oh no, invaders! Then comes slinking out to carefully
observe and sniff the visitor, if they seem harmless.
Old July 25th 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
[...]

Pickles and Waffles both hide when there are visitors, although Waffles will
occasionally venture into the hallway for a quick peek at them.

When I had Lindy and Nanki-Poo (both RB), it was a different story.
Visitors never saw Nanki-Poo, but Lindy assumed they had come to see her.

Joy

Old July 25th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Takayuki wrote:

I have cats that head off in opposite directions when there are visitors.
Dot gets all excited. Visitors! Yay! Lots of wheelies and general
smothering.

Buster runs away. Oh no, invaders! Then comes slinking out to carefully
observe and sniff the visitor, if they seem harmless.

Sounds like my two! Melisande places herself firmly underfoot (and if a
workman has a tool box, he must guard against her appropriating any
easily portable small tools). Cendrillon, on the other hand, is more
like Buster - if the visitor stays a while, she may make a timid
appearance, but not always.
Old July 25th 12, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

It's funny how much cats can differ about visitors. Kitty FC was like
Lindy, she was absolutely certain they had come specifically to admire her
and pet her, so much so that sometimes I had to put her in another room to
prevent her leaping on the knee and headbutting non-cat owners under the
chin..
I wonder whether it's to do with how busy the home is. KFC came from a
noisy home with children and lots of visitors (I found this out eventually)
so she was very confident.
Whereas my home is quiet so Boyfie is used to a quiet life and when visitors
come I don't think he appreciates the disturbance to his lifestyle. Their
natural temperament will have something to do with it too together with past
experiences I assume.
I would really like Boyfie to be a bit braver about visitors but I don't
think that's ever going to happen. I have some cat-loving visitors who
would love to meet him but he either rushes up to his bedroom when the
doorbell rings or heads outside until they have gone. Some of my friends
tease me by saying they think he is a figment of my imagination.
The only person he tolerates is Simon, but not always, when Simon visited
last week Boyfie firmly remained upstairs long past his teatime of 3.45 pm,
he eagerly awaits this. Simon stayed until 5.15. Boyfie appeared at 5.16
claiming starvation ;-)

Old July 26th 12, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

It's funny how much cats can differ about visitors. Kitty FC was like
Lindy, she was absolutely certain they had come specifically to admire her
and pet her, so much so that sometimes I had to put her in another room to
prevent her leaping on the knee and headbutting non-cat owners under the
chin..

Aww, I didn't know she could be such a sweetie. All I've heard is that
you wouldn't have wanted to be on her bad side.

I would really like Boyfie to be a bit braver about visitors but I don't
think that's ever going to happen. I have some cat-loving visitors who
would love to meet him but he either rushes up to his bedroom when the
doorbell rings or heads outside until they have gone. Some of my friends
tease me by saying they think he is a figment of my imagination.
The only person he tolerates is Simon, but not always, when Simon visited
last week Boyfie firmly remained upstairs long past his teatime of 3.45 pm,
he eagerly awaits this. Simon stayed until 5.15. Boyfie appeared at 5.16
claiming starvation ;-)

Is he still mad at Simon for the flea medicine application?

--
Joyce

I've gone running from the devil
At times I've beaten down his path