anymore info on pancreatitis ?

Old February 20th 05, 08:06 PM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
Mary wrote:

We live in a 4 unit condo building that was built in the early 1900's
and is considered a historical landmark in our town (Evanston, Il.) It
definitely has a lot of charm!

I could tell by the ceilings and the floors. I love old places.

I actually have a ton of friends in the Raleigh area. We may be down
there some time this year.

Let me know, we'll have coffee if you have time. I live in the old
historic district downtown.

Old February 20th 05, 08:11 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108920848.3b74a267dcfb4eedd578fc1c1dd554e2@t eranews...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"kitkat" wrote in message news:xSTRd.10161.
http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m...jasper_dudley/

Besides the cats' pics, I took a look at a bunch of the other photos

here.
You've done some nice travels. I am sort of mad at myself for not

having
gone to Père Lachaise cemetery when I was in Paris.

Many people skip it because it is a ways out. I recall having to take
the Metro (subway) to get to it. It was way across town from the left
bank where I stayed.

I skipped it because it was raining & chilly the day that others I was
traveling with went to Père Lachaise, & I had no desire to traipse around
the cemetery in the cold rain. On my first visit to Paris the weather was
lovely, but I did other even more mainstream sightseeing, & just didn't
think to include it.

Cathy

Old February 20th 05, 08:32 PM
Mary

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

I almost skipped it because I was nervous about using the subway.
It is out in the suburbs, really. As for the more mainstream stuff,
I would need more than a month to feel I had adequately done
the Louvre! My great love is Isle de la Citie, the oldest part where
Notre Dame is, with the curvy old streets--and then the left bank.
There is still a cheap hotel very near the Sorbonne that is clean
and safe. I dislike the right bank and the grandeur of L'Arc de
Triomphe etc. because I love medieval architecture. Napoleon
leveled five of Paris' seven hills and slapped that hideous curly
Roccoco crap over the faces of lovely gothic buildings. (I think
Montmarte is the last remaining hill in the city.) I did like the Tuilleries
garden, though.

My idea of the perfect exercise plan: fly me somewhere like
Paris and just let me explore. Bringing it back on topic, Parisians
appear to love cats almost as much as Venetians!

Old February 20th 05, 08:34 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
Cathy Friedmann wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message news:xSTRd.10161.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m...jasper_dudley/

Besides the cats' pics, I took a look at a bunch of the other photos

here.
You've done some nice travels. I am sort of mad at myself for not

having
gone to Père Lachaise cemetery when I was in Paris. In my case, not
specifically for Jim Morrison's grave, but just in general. Where was

your
hotel? - the view looks nice. And as an aside - IMO it looks like

you're
one of those lucky people who always looks good in photos!

I have no idea where our hotel was...hehe. I recall it was called the
Relais and it was centrally located on Rue Magenta I think. I'll have to
dig around to see if I can figure it out.

Don't worry - I just Googled it & found it. :-) 38 Magenta, between Ile de
la Cité and Gare du Nord.

Tim just got back from the store with some baby food so we'll be trying
that!

I hope he (Jasper) decides to eat some of it.

Cathy

Old February 20th 05, 08:40 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote :

Don't worry - I just Googled it & found it. :-) 38 Magenta, between Ile

de
la Cité and Gare du Nord.

That's on the left bank not far from where I stayed! Gare du Nord is a wide,
pretty boulevard.

Tim just got back from the store with some baby food so we'll be trying
that!

I hope he (Jasper) decides to eat some of it.

Me too. Poor baby, he has had such a hard time of it. He's finally
got a catmom who can take care of him, so he needs to live to be
very old so that he can enjoy it.

Old February 20th 05, 08:41 PM
kitkat

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message
. com...

Cathy Friedmann wrote:

[...]

Wow. I was right about the street! Amazing!

Tim just got back from the store with some baby food so we'll be trying
that!

I hope he (Jasper) decides to eat some of it.

Cathy

Well, Tim might have better luck eating it.
Jasper is not even interested in sniffing it.

Now the dilemma is do we wait until morning to bring him back to the vet
so that he can get fluid therapy, etc....or do we take him to yet
another strange place (the 911 clinic) and let him get treated there.

Geez. This is tough stuff. I just told Luna she is not allowed to get
sick. Ever.

Pam

Old February 20th 05, 08:44 PM
kitkat

Mary wrote:

Me too. Poor baby, he has had such a hard time of it. He's finally
got a catmom who can take care of him, so he needs to live to be
very old so that he can enjoy it.

We honestly don't know what to do right now. He seems calm and
comfortable, but I keep explaining to Tim how stoic these little guys
can be and that it is truly hard to tell how much pain or discomfort he
is in.

Old February 20th 05, 08:45 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108931889.30b57b2aac3be5366a313d6f935ff23c@t eranews...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote :

Don't worry - I just Googled it & found it. :-) 38 Magenta, between Ile

de
la Cité and Gare du Nord.

That's on the left bank not far from where I stayed! Gare du Nord is a

wide,
pretty boulevard.

Ummm.. nope, it's on the north side of the Seine. Gare du Nord is one of
the train stations.

Cathy

Old February 20th 05, 08:50 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
om...

Now the dilemma is do we wait until morning to bring him back to the vet
so that he can get fluid therapy, etc....or do we take him to yet
another strange place (the 911 clinic) and let him get treated there.

Or... is it possible to get an emergency appt. with your usual vet's office?
If you call the office, is someone on duty to take emergency visits?
There's no emergency clinic in my immediate area, so my vet's office has
someone on duty on the weekends/holidays; if a client calls during off
hours, then the answering service gets a hold of the on-duty vet, who then
calls one back & will go into the office to meet you.

Geez. This is tough stuff. I just told Luna she is not allowed to get
sick. Ever.

Yes, it can be tough, & a huge worry. (BTDT.) Good luck.

Cathy

Old February 20th 05, 08:56 PM
kitkat

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message
om...

Now the dilemma is do we wait until morning to bring him back to the vet
so that he can get fluid therapy, etc....or do we take him to yet
another strange place (the 911 clinic) and let him get treated there.

Or... is it possible to get an emergency appt. with your usual vet's office?
If you call the office, is someone on duty to take emergency visits?
There's no emergency clinic in my immediate area, so my vet's office has
someone on duty on the weekends/holidays; if a client calls during off
hours, then the answering service gets a hold of the on-duty vet, who then
calls one back & will go into the office to meet you.

I wish they had this option. But nope. It is either Animal 911 or wait
til morning for the regular vet's office to open.

Cat info? Benjamin P. Cat community 5 June 11th 04 11:50 AM
Cats: Not Just For Target Practice Anymore James Marz Cat health & behaviour 6 May 29th 04 09:15 PM
Opinions on fatty liver/possible pancreatitis problem Underwood Cat health & behaviour 80 April 10th 04 03:57 AM
Need info about spaying please Kim Cat health & behaviour 30 January 6th 04 02:58 AM
cats w/heart mumors need info plz Angela Green Cats - misc 1 July 10th 03 11:10 AM