Yet more pics (and no baby)

Old February 10th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Yet more pics (and no baby)

I'm overdue. No baby. Say no more.

I've learned more about the camera and shot some RAW shots of Otis and
Chester today and fiddled with them with the image processing software.
Very fun ... and so much yet to learn.

This series is a set of formal portraits, mainly of Otis ... and I must say
he is very cute. One close up of Chester that isn't magnificent but is I
couldn't leave him out. Otis has that hang dog look a bit when he's doing
something just to be nice - like when I clean up eye goo and the like. Sits
still and takes it but doesn't love it. He's humouring me, as you can see
in the pics.

Again, the full size option looks better than the slideshow option, which
seems to spread the shot over the page. The shots start here, in Otis and
Chester's EIGHTH album. Yikes. http://tinyurl.com/3bqxp7

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 10th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Susan M" wrote in message
I'm overdue. No baby. Say no more.

I know this scenario from a neighbour who was two weeks overdue. I knew she
needed a big hot curry to bring the birth on, so I made her one. We ate it
together at 7pm. 11 pm she was on her way to hospital, 2 a.m. she had her
little girl, Try it/ can't hurt.

Tweed

Old February 10th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
I'm overdue. No baby. Say no more.

We ain't sayin' nothin'.

Again, the full size option looks better than the slideshow option, which
seems to spread the shot over the page. The shots start here, in Otis and
Chester's EIGHTH album. Yikes. http://tinyurl.com/3bqxp7

Isn't it amazing the detail those cameras capture? I sure don't want
*my* picture taken!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 10th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christina Websell wrote:
I know this scenario from a neighbour who was two weeks overdue. I knew she
needed a big hot curry to bring the birth on, so I made her one. We ate it
together at 7pm. 11 pm she was on her way to hospital, 2 a.m. she had her
little girl, Try it/ can't hurt.

Chana masala should do the trick!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 10th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:54:46 -0700, Susan M wrote:

[...]

He looks like he would be perfect for those talking cat commercials.
What a handsome cat! MLB

Old February 10th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:
I'm overdue. No baby. Say no more.

We ain't sayin' nothin'.

Thank you. I'm getting several phone calls a day...

Again, the full size option looks better than the slideshow option, which
seems to spread the shot over the page. The shots start here, in Otis
and Chester's EIGHTH album. Yikes. http://tinyurl.com/3bqxp7

Isn't it amazing the detail those cameras capture? I sure don't want *my*
picture taken!

It is amazing. It is also amazing how much there is to learn to do it
properly. I like it - lots still to discover and I can't wait until I've
saved up for the birding lense and can get can out there to catch some bird
shots. I tried to do a picture like Tom did on his leaf card but had some
difficulty with the low angle winter light here. I've still got the RAW
shots though and have found a different RAW processing program so may yet
have some better luck...

At least I've got something to do while I'm waiting

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 10th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
He looks like he would be perfect for those talking cat commercials.
What a handsome cat! MLB

Thank you - he *does* look like he has something to say doesn't he? He was
very patient with me - I took about 25 shots and he just sat there stoically
humouring me. It was really quite funny.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 10th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I know this scenario from a neighbour who was two weeks overdue. I knew
she needed a big hot curry to bring the birth on, so I made her one. We
ate it together at 7pm. 11 pm she was on her way to hospital, 2 a.m. she
had her little girl, Try it/ can't hurt.

Well, I've got a plain old organic roast in the oven right now. Maybe I'll
make a curry soup to start?

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 11th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
I'm overdue. No baby. Say no more.

I've learned more about the camera and shot some RAW shots of Otis and
Chester today and fiddled with them with the image processing software.
Very fun ... and so much yet to learn.

This series is a set of formal portraits, mainly of Otis ... and I must say
he is very cute. One close up of Chester that isn't magnificent but is I
couldn't leave him out. Otis has that hang dog look a bit when he's doing
something just to be nice - like when I clean up eye goo and the like. Sits
still and takes it but doesn't love it. He's humouring me, as you can see
in the pics.

Again, the full size option looks better than the slideshow option, which
seems to spread the shot over the page. The shots start here, in Otis and
Chester's EIGHTH album. Yikes. http://tinyurl.com/3bqxp7

I don't know, Susan, it looks to me like Otis is pretty happy about
being at the centre of attention. Beautiful shots! Purrs that young
master X makes an appearance soon. I don't wonder that he'd rather stay
put than enter this cruel world.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 11th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Beautiful shots of beautiful cats! i love your camera And best wishes
your the impending child!! We'll be expecting lots of baby piccies

Pics: Box!! Marina Cat anecdotes 6 April 8th 06 07:35 PM
Pics again Marina Cat anecdotes 22 February 28th 06 08:58 PM
New pics soon - I promise... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 2 July 2nd 04 05:57 PM
need pics of ringworm DeAnna Cats - misc 1 July 24th 03 05:29 PM