Got the last stray!!

Old August 28th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Got the last stray!!

Request purrs for my second-to-last stray that I finnaly caught about
a week ago and the shelter took him in. When free he acted mean but
once I got him he was gentle as could be. He is a good looking adult
white male. Shelter said he should find home easily.

There is one last stray that lives and pretty much stays in a friends
back yard and can get in his garage and under his house for shelter.
The guy said he does not mind it staying there but will not feed him
but does let me keep a supply of dry food under his porch for it. It
has been there and I have been feeding it for at least 2 years but it
has never warmed up to me although it comes when it sees me. It knows
I feed it but will not get close enough where I can even touch it. It
is truly feral but as long as it has shelter and I can feed it I guess
it will be ok.

The only thing is this guy lives next to what commonly would be called
"The projects" in most places and every time I turn around someone is
moving and leaving pets behind so it is just a matter of time until
another stray finds the food left out for the last stray in the guys
yard.

I wish people would wise up and instead of dumping their pets at least
take them to a shelter where they would at least have a chance to find
a home. After being a house pet and being fed everyday then to be
dumped where ever to me is one of the cruelist (SP) things that you
could do to a pet. At times I feel like ignoring them and letting
them fend for themselves but then I end up getting hooked again and it
starts all over again. How can anyone ignore an animal that is
homeless and hungry?!?! I can not!! Especially where colder weather
will be here before too much longer.

Sorry for the rambling but I just felt like getting it off my chest
and where I live alone there is no one here to complain to. Thanks
all for listening. God bless you all for the good care you give our 4
legged friends.

Old August 29th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Friend, if people treat each other in such a horrible manor, old,
handicapped, poor , homeless, you are asking too much of them to take pity
on an animal. You have a good heart and I am sure we all share yhou wanting
the best for your furry friends lets face it.
The creator of all things wrote "sucker for the needy" across some of our
foreheads. We do what we can. Gramby haveing been there, done that.

Old August 29th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 20:16, Granby wrote:

Friend, if people treat each other in such a horrible manor, old,
handicapped, poor , homeless, you are asking too much of them to take
pity
on an animal. You have a good heart and I am sure we all share yhou
wanting the best for your furry friends lets face it.
The creator of all things wrote "sucker for the needy" across some of
our
foreheads. We do what we can. Gramby haveing been there, done that.

Right! Be proud of yourself. "Sucker for the needy" is another way of
describing compassion. It is perfectly natural and even necessary if
we are to have an organized civilization. When there is no compassion
all there is is chaos and we have a world without love. There is not
much worth living for if you don't have that compassion.
The problem is with those who can't find it in their hearts to care
about another's suffering. They are the psychopaths and there's more
of them around than most of us know. They tend to do far too well in
big industry and government. Cats try to teach us this and those of us
who are smart enough, care for them and learn, like those of us,
sekretaryies, here on r.p.c.c

--
Regards,
Fred

Old August 29th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hullo Mr. Fred. Da gramby and ourselfez haf been wonderin how yourownself
is doing after da surgery and allz. Hazn't heard from yourownself for s
spellz. Piglet and O.T. talkin bout their fren

Old August 30th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 17:48, Granby wrote:

Hullo Mr. Fred. Da gramby and ourselfez haf been wonderin how
yourownself
is doing after da surgery and allz. Hazn't heard from yourownself for
spellz. Piglet and O.T. talkin bout their fren

I see you got yor sekretary sorted out in the other posting and now
know it wasn't me. That's good, cus I was wonderin what had happened
to me.(:-)) Like Ryan, I'm a little fluffy, but other then that in very
good shape for a 57 year old... with a TV show pending.(;-)) Do
kitties and people know that I took up figure skating last year?

--
Regards,
Fred
Old August 30th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am sorry about that, I had jsut red the one from Kraut and then one from
you and had a brain burp. I am (ahem) 63 and went ice skateing two years
ago. Will go again this year if I can convince my kids I am not a tawdery
old lady. I don't get fancy but I can keep from killing myself. I am about
to get a tamdon bike so I can go rideing with them and that is fine with all
of them.

Old August 30th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

That's terrific. There was a figure skating seminar in July given by
Shae-Lynn Bourne, of Bourne & Krantz, (2003 world champions in ice
dance), and so I took it. I was having trouble getting one of the
exercises so she came over and held my hands to steady me. So I'm
saying I've danced with Shae-Lynn Bourne! (;-)) I also bicycle, but
I've only been two times this summer.

Stray Dog jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 June 18th 06 02:14 AM
The stray .... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 4 August 14th 04 02:58 AM
What To Do With A Stray Cat????? Tony Cat health & behaviour 8 July 6th 04 01:55 AM
??'s about FIV+ stray cat Sheri Cat health & behaviour 22 December 3rd 03 01:40 AM
really a stray? Sherry Cat health & behaviour 3 July 24th 03 05:27 PM