The adventu in Connecticut

Old January 30th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat[_2_]

Default The adventu in Connecticut

Ranger, you'z doin it all wrong.

[Harri goes to the box of warm things by the back door and grabs a couple
of long wool scarves. She trots into the back yard, pulls the sled back up
to the top of the slope, and backs up 20 feet or so. She then wraps
herself completely in the scarves with just her tail, paws, and a tiny bit
of her fuzzy orange nose sticking out. She then runs full speed - not
nearly as fast as Ranger's full speed since Harri is a little "fluffy" -,
leaps onto the sled, and rockets to the lowest point in the garden.

Just as happened with Ranger, Harri is launched over the nose of the sled
into a snow back. Unlike Ranger, though, she calmly emerges from the snow
still fully wrapped in her wool scarves. She pulls the sled back by the
door, comes back into the house, and unwraps.]

*That* is how sledding is done.

[Ranger, however, doesn't even notice. He's stretched out on his back on
the radiator, snoring softly.]

Old January 30th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O. T. is amazed at what he has just seen. He stays by the window until
Harri emerges from the snowbank and heads for the house. By the time he
hears her come into the room he is laying on the warm blanket with his eyes
closed. Piglet leans over him and whispers "shownup by a girl kitty huh?"
news

Old January 30th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann

Samwise hands Ranger a cup of warm nip tea. "Here, this will help you warm
up."

"Ranger Greykitten" wrote in message
news
Dis is a great house, Samwise! Dis is furry, furry nice.

Since I'z a Mighty Snow Cat, I beleef I'll try my paw at sledding. Mineown
hoomins don't leaf da sled out where Mighty Snow Cats can play wif dem.

[Ranger goes out into the back yard and scales the first tree he sees. He
looks around to get the lay of the land, then dashes back down the tree
and runs over to where the sleds are parked. He grabs a tow rope and pulls
one to the highest part of the rock garden, lines the sled up on a
straight line for the lowest part of the garden, then backs up 20 feet or
so. He runs as fast as he can, leaps onto the sled, and goes shooting
downhill. It's a good thing the rock garden isn't too long, since his
balance on the sled isn't very solid and as soon as the sled reaches the
bottom it stops but Ranger doesn't. He goes flying over the nose of the
sled into a small snow bank and disappears completely. A few moments later
the snow bank explodes with a puff of grey fur and Ranger reappears.]

WHEEEEE! That was fun! Who want's to try that next?

Wait a sec - all this snow stuck on my fur is getting - COLD!!!!

[Ranger dashes at top speed for the door, rockets through the porch into
the house, and leaps up on top of a radiator.]

Dat's fun, but it's cold!

Ranger

Old January 30th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you know i guess alla of uses dignified kats hast tolerat these aktifitiez
of lezzer katz unless we iz onlikatz, TV, qweetly smilin to hisown wifekitty

Old January 30th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:23:31 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

TV looks at his wifekitty... he is as bad as Stormmee... shall i get us
moere tea? TV

Yes, please, that sounds yummy.

I suspect he's worse than Stormee. He likes to wait for a sisfur or brofur
to walk peacefully by, then tackles their legs and wrestles them.

Cleo
Old January 30th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:26:03 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

you know i guess alla of uses dignified kats hast tolerat these aktifitiez
of lezzer katz unless we iz onlikatz, TV, qweetly smilin to hisown wifekitty

sigh Only cats...

I still say my household has 5 too many cats.

Old January 30th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:23:31 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

TV looks at his wifekitty... he is as bad as Stormmee... shall i get us
moere tea? TV

Yes, please, that sounds yummy.

I think I need to bite my secretary. He's sending messages attached to the
wrong names!

Cleo
Old January 31st 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Same as her... but the good nws is that she has chester who isa ninja kitty
whut keeps hersef tired owt, TV, who goes to get more tea, sees a few snakz
he likez and brings bak a tray of stuffta nibble while he and his wifekitty
rest.