Cats and rats :-)

Old July 15th 05, 08:33 PM
Petra Zinnen

Default Cats and rats :-)

Hi folks,

I found some old pics, I wanted to share with you. Back in the late
80s, I lived alone with three cats (all RB). I once sitted a rat that
belonged to a friend of mine. It was a female, called Bertie. I
carefully watched all four, never leave Bertie alone in a room with
the cats.

Bertie liked to sit behind the plants, which were placed in front of
the window. Well, once she was sleeping peacefully behind a plant, and
I didn't want to wake her but had to go to the restroom kind of
urgently ;-). All cats were sitting peacefully in the living room,
taking a nap. I decided to leave them alone and hurried to the
restroom. I swear, I came back after 2 minutes. When I entered the
living room, first thing I did was to grab my camera and take some
pics. I just found these pics a short while ago and scanned them in.

Here there a

http://tinyurl.com/b4ud2.

They're not very good, but I still think they're kinda cute :-)

Petra + the furry gang
Old July 15th 05, 08:46 PM
Adrian

Petra Zinnen wrote:
[...]

They are very good. My favourite was, Kopie von Passen wir nicht gut
zusammen.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 15th 05, 08:52 PM
Victor M

Petra Zinnen wrote:
They're not very good, but I still think they're kinda cute :-)

They are adorable! I like the last one...

Victor

Old July 15th 05, 09:04 PM
Petra Zinnen

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:54:06 -0500, "Karen"
wrote:

THey are very cute! (You are lucky that the kitty seems to not have ever
seen a rat before!)

Actually, Bonnie was not a kitten, he was a full grown cat. But, as a
cat, he was very curious about anything new ;-). Some years later,
Bertie was long gone to RB, I sitted another rat "Charly". My friend
rescued him from the shelter, where he sat in a cage all alone for
more than 6 months. Rats are very social but Charlie had never learned
to be social. He mistrusted each and everybody. He was the meanest
animal I've ever seen.

My cats sat in front of his cage while Charlie was watching them.
Bonnie put his nose more closely to the cage and just out of nowhere
Charlie reached out and slapped him real hard in the face. Bonnie
jumped back immediately, I'll never forget the look on his face. I
really felt sorry for him but I couldn't help but laugh ;-) After that
happened, none of my cats never ever came close to Charly.
Old July 15th 05, 11:54 PM
Exocat

"Petra Zinnen" wrote
I found some old pics, I wanted to share with you.

Great pics. As the former slave of 2 lovely sleek black cats
I particularly loved Bonnie. Thanks for posting them.

Purrs

Gordon & the TT/FF