Male cat getty frisky?

Old June 19th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MsBuscandy

Default Male cat getty frisky? my response

Thanks all of you for the responses. Let me make it clear I am not an
irresponsible owner- not at all- I have been giving him the meds- it is
medicine in a dropper and it isn't easy to catch him and he thinks I am
trying to torture him. I am only saying that I now and them miss a dosage
for one reason or another- I have problems taking all of my own doses as
well. I am aware of the pain of a UTI so I did take him to the vet right
away and I am very aware of the problems a male cat can have with "crystals"
etc.
I am a good pet owner- I just thought it was odd behavior- I have a litter
box right here in the living room ( he and I discussed this- he told me the
other two cats will lie in wait for him and attack him when he goes to use
the other box) So I bought new boxes, put one closer to him and I can
observe him going in the box- he doesn't seem to be straining or in any
pain, he isn't peeing anywhere he isn't supposed to- I am just wondering if
this new behavior can be attributed to something else- say some stress..
someone moving out of the household- or the of the boyfriend of my 16 year
old girl. This is a household of women and suddenly there is testosterone
everywhere- ! Just wondering why this behavior seems more sexual than it
does "not well." His behavior is in all other aspects the same..
Believe me I am a cat lover and am dedicated to Mien Sing; "Fluffy" who is
17 and Maddy who is about 4. I am the kind person who would take in a
million cats but I am sane enough at this point to know I can't do that! (
My mother's neighbor had 72 cats in her 3 bedroom home!!)
I will ignore the comments that some of you made- I know you didn't have all
the facts.. and thank you for your comments and suggestions.I'll take him
back into the vet and let you all know how he is doing.

Old June 19th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cathy F.[_2_]

"MsBuscandy" wrote in message
Thanks all of you for the responses. Let me make it clear I am not an
irresponsible owner- not at all- I have been giving him the meds- it is
medicine in a dropper and it isn't easy to catch him and he thinks I am
trying to torture him. I am only saying that I now and them miss a dosage
for one reason or another- I have problems taking all of my own doses as
well. I am aware of the pain of a UTI so I did take him to the vet right
away and I am very aware of the problems a male cat can have with
"crystals" etc.

Glad to read the clarification of your post.

There are some *really* clueless people out there, so a read-through of your
first post suggested other than reality.

Cathy

Old June 22nd 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MsBuscandy

Update: Mien Sing has an appointment with the vet again on Monday at 2:20
PDT. He said Thanks to all of you!