It's been over a week

Old June 24th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default It's been over a week

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 23 Jun 2008 12:06:47a, Timmy wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:rjF7k.893$IL6.476@trnddc04:

I need to know how to get her to eat anything.. or .. is this
normal? An injured cat wont eat. But when is it time to force
her? is that possible?

if you want to give her a chance, go to the grocery store and buy
some all meat baby food. make sure there is no onions in it. Try
putting some on your finger and see if she'll lick it off. if not,
wipe your finger with the baby food on the roof of her mouth and
normally she will swallow it. Try to tempt her with real cat food
during this time, but if that doesn't work at least something will be
getting in to her. if she doesn't gain her strength enough to heal
from her injuries, she isn't going to make it. injuries require
calories in abundance to burn in order for the body to do it's work.

--

You had your cat fed with a feeding tube, right, Cheryl? I wonder
if that might be Buzz's best option not that it has been so long since

Old June 24th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
BuZZard[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 23 Jun 2008 05:24:00p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:g3p499$39m$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

"CatNipped" wrote
Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Something about the TiMmY gave him away.

I know. But it isn't a troll. Fake nym, but not a troll.

I would have known it if Buzz had not posted in such a trollish way. Damn
trolls. I am really sorry about Patches.

thank you very very much.. seriously.

Old June 24th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"BuZZard" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 23 Jun 2008 05:24:00p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:g3p499$39m$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

"CatNipped" wrote
Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Something about the TiMmY gave him away.

I know. But it isn't a troll. Fake nym, but not a troll.

I would have known it if Buzz had not posted in such a trollish way. Damn
trolls. I am really sorry about Patches.

thank you very very much.. seriously.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted. We have all been there with very sick
cats. I know it is harder on you the way it happened. I really hope she
pulls through.

Old June 24th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
BuZZard[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 23 Jun 2008 05:24:00p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav news:g3p499$39m$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

"CatNipped" wrote
Yup. That OP stinks of troll - and it is summer, school is out.

Something about the TiMmY gave him away.

I know. But it isn't a troll. Fake nym, but not a troll.

I would have known it if Buzz had not posted in such a trollish way.
Damn trolls. I am really sorry about Patches.

thank you very very much.. seriously.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted. We have all been there with very
sick cats. I know it is harder on you the way it happened. I really hope
she pulls through.

she just tried to walk as i was typing the update post..
she is sitting straight up.. I cant believe what i am seeing!!
I seriously think if i can get her to eat.. that she will heal in the next
six weeks just like the doctor said.
I am giving her theropy.. i move her legs until i feel resistance. and she
pulls back. i keep her front legs exercised.. by rubbing them.. then.. she
curls her feet and pulls my hand towards her. i do this for about 5. 10
mins.
I pat her on the back.. to keep the fluid from building up.. i have been up
with her many a night since it happened.. and have seen her improve alot..
and if there is a chance in hell i can get her to eat. i can see her getting
better. She has motor control over her legs. .but her back wont support her
weight just yet.. she talks to me.. when i ask her how she is doing..
All this is very very good in my head.. she is not gurgle'ing at this
point..
i just got dont beating her chest .. and she allows me to do this without
getting upset. She has allways been a very passive kitty.. and pretty much
allows me to do as i please.. to an extent..
I am very hopeful.. the gf is 8 years younger than myself.. and if it wasnt
for her.. i might have put her down that first day.. however.. i see alot of
improvement. I am praying for a miricle. and .. if I can diagnose her.. i
see her healing .. with a limp in the future.. .with a good four to five
years of life left in her.. and the gf wont have the feeling of guilt .. and
i wont have the feeling of selfishness.

Thank you,
jeff