A pair of lovely Sr. Citizen Ladies

Old August 9th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Default A pair of lovely Sr. Citizen Ladies

Charleen Welton wrote:
Both Flippy's Juliet and my Aggie Marble went to the vet on the same day for
what appeared to be the same problem. Juliet is getting nutrient care and
those blood cells are being loveingly watch. Aggie checked out fine except
that she does in fact have a UTI with some blood cells in the urine. She is
on Clavamox, 62.5mg, one every 12 hours. We, Larry and I, have been down
this path before and it is not fun for Aggie either. But she responds well
to the med and will be fine (read no more random peeing) in two weeks.

A complication here though. I am to have cataract surgery on Wednesday
(8/13) and can not lift, bend and so on. Her care is going to be a
challange for sure!!!

Perhaps, in retrospect, I should have requested two tranq's; one for her and
one for me!!

Charleen and the herd of cats.

Oh dear....Purrs for Aggie's UTI to clear soon and for your surgery to
clear up your vision soon, too!!

Old August 9th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
ng.com...
Both Flippy's Juliet and my Aggie Marble went to the vet on the same
day for what appeared to be the same problem. Juliet is getting
nutrient care and those blood cells are being loveingly watch.
Aggie checked out fine except that she does in fact have a UTI with
some blood cells in the urine. She is on Clavamox, 62.5mg, one every
12 hours. We, Larry and I, have been down this path before and it
is not fun for Aggie either. But she responds well to the med and
will be fine (read no more random peeing) in two weeks.

A complication here though. I am to have cataract surgery on
Wednesday (8/13) and can not lift, bend and so on. Her care is
going to be a challange for sure!!!

Perhaps, in retrospect, I should have requested two tranq's; one for
her and one for me!!

Charleen and the herd of cats.

You would be surprised what you can manage without lifting or bending.
Most anything that can be done while bending over can be managed while
sitting on a chair. An office type chair with wheels can be
particularly useful.

I know you will be thrilled with the results of the surgery.
Jo

Old August 9th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
ng.com...
Thanks for the positive words. I don't know anyone close to me who
has had this procedure so am not sure what to expect. You have
lightened the Worry Load.
Charleen

Oh, I had my cataracts done seven years ago and so did Charlie. It is
really an easy surgery and recovery. The most difficult part for each
of us was getting the drops in our eyes for the required time
afterwards.

I did have a problem with my glasses after I had the first eye done,
but before they got to the second one. The prescription for the
repaired eye was wrong of course. It finally dawned on me, it didn't
matter if I wrecked the glasses. I wasn't going to need them much
longer anyway. So I knocked that lens out.

Before surgery I had separate glasses for distance, computer, and
reading and had been legally blind in my left eye all my life
(20/300). Now I can see fine with both eyes. I do need reading
glasses for smaller print.

Jo

Old August 9th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Charleen Welton wrote:
A complication here though. I am to have cataract surgery on Wednesday
(8/13) and can not lift, bend and so on. Her care is going to be a
challange for sure!!!

Purrs for you both winging their way over the pond!

Old August 9th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Charleen Welton wrote:
Thanks for the positive words. I don't know anyone close to me who has had
this procedure so am not sure what to expect. You have lightened the Worry
Load.

It's comforting to read about all the positive experiences. This is in
my future, too. Last autumn, my ophthalmologist said I was beginning to
develop cataracts, but they're not bad enough for surgery yet.

Old August 9th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:43:02 -0400, "Charleen Welton"
wrote:

Both Flippy's Juliet and my Aggie Marble went to the vet on the same day for
what appeared to be the same problem. Juliet is getting nutrient care and
those blood cells are being loveingly watch. Aggie checked out fine except
that she does in fact have a UTI with some blood cells in the urine. She is
on Clavamox, 62.5mg, one every 12 hours. We, Larry and I, have been down
this path before and it is not fun for Aggie either. But she responds well
to the med and will be fine (read no more random peeing) in two weeks.

A complication here though. I am to have cataract surgery on Wednesday
(8/13) and can not lift, bend and so on. Her care is going to be a
challange for sure!!!

Perhaps, in retrospect, I should have requested two tranq's; one for her and
one for me!!

Charleen and the herd of cats.

My mother had cataract surgery when she was 75. She had one eye done at
a time, because she already wore glasses. But it was quick and
painless. Her recovery was amazingly fast.

And that was 11 years ago: there have most likely been some advances in
the procedures.

Purrs for your eyes, and for Aggie Marble's UTI, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 9th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:36:00 -0400, Charleen Welton wrote:

Thanks for the positive words. I don't know anyone close to me who has
had this procedure so am not sure what to expect. You have lightened
the Worry Load.
Charleen

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs coming for both Aggie Marble and you. Please keep us updated.
BTW, my mom had cataract surgery when she was 78 and she came through
just fine and didn't even need to wear her glasses afterwards - she
wondered why she hadn't done it *years* earlier. I hope you have as
easy a surgery.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

[...]

I also have cataract surgery scheduled for next month. They are going to
work on both eyes, two weeks apart.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 9th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you everyone. My confedence level is going up, up and up! It is very
reassuring to hear all the success stories. I'm looking forward to this
being over though! Five days to the first eye being done then two weeks
until the second one being done. I should be an old pro by then!!
Charleen

Old August 16th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Charleen Welton wrote:
Both Flippy's Juliet and my Aggie Marble went to the vet on the same day for
what appeared to be the same problem. Juliet is getting nutrient care and
those blood cells are being loveingly watch. Aggie checked out fine except
that she does in fact have a UTI with some blood cells in the urine. She is
on Clavamox, 62.5mg, one every 12 hours. We, Larry and I, have been down
this path before and it is not fun for Aggie either. But she responds well
to the med and will be fine (read no more random peeing) in two weeks.

A complication here though. I am to have cataract surgery on Wednesday
(8/13) and can not lift, bend and so on. Her care is going to be a
challange for sure!!!

Perhaps, in retrospect, I should have requested two tranq's; one for her and
one for me!!

Charleen and the herd of cats.

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Lower Price Citizen Silhouette Charm Bracelet Eco-Drive Womens WatchEG2280-51E [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 April 17th 08 07:59 AM
A Pair of Cat's Names Flippy Cat anecdotes 132 May 8th 07 02:53 PM
What a pair! Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 07 01:56 PM
incontinent senior citizen kitty :-( Sandra Loosemore Cat health & behaviour 10 July 27th 06 11:25 PM