Cat names

Old June 23rd 05, 10:38 AM
Mognusticat

Default Cat names

How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads! Starting
with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Old June 23rd 05, 12:28 PM
Karen

in article , Mognusticat at
wrote on 6/23/05 4:38AM:

How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads! Starting
with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Tons. But the funniest name story I know is my supervisor's parents who
adopted a little silver Persian from my vet. Her name is Nina and my sup's
mom calls her that, but the dad thinks she should be Carl and Carl he calls
her. She comes to both.

Old June 23rd 05, 04:02 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Mognusticat wrote:
How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads!
Starting with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Moe - MoeTater, TaterHead, SweetTater, Moocher Moe (she does answer to all)
Mimi - MimiTot (goes with MoeTater), SweetTot, FatTot, Butterball
Ernie - LuvBug, Lug, BigBoy (he weighs 3+/- lbs more than MImi & Moe, his
littermates), Big Ol' Ernie, Purrinator
Tennessee - Crushinator, Cartman, F@t B@st@rd, Lord Lard, Big Ol' Buckethead
Buddy Boy
Smokey - Mokey-Nokems, Ol' Gey Ghost, Ol' Toothless Cat (only has about 5
teeth left), Queacker Kitty
Ping - King Ping, Ping-a-ling the Ding-a-ling, Singin' Ping
Weeble - Whiney-butt, my bunny-soft shiney-black hand-raised Weeble-Baby,
Weebinator, Resslin Buddy, Weebster
Ivy(RB) was Princes Ivy Punkinhead Puffybutt.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Lizzie - Lizzard, Lizzie-butt

Old June 23rd 05, 04:23 PM
Lesley

Speedy Joe (RB)- Speeds, Joe-joe, Psychokitten, Eedy Joe,

Fugazi (RB)- Gaz, Gaz-gaz, Gaz the Nazz, Nazgul, Gazi, Damn good cat

Isis (RB)- Issi, Is-is, Issy Whizzy, Whizzy, Prettiest Cat in
Christendom, Madame, Lady Isis, Soppy kitty, Silly Issi

Redunzel- Dunz, Dunzi, THE Dunz, Dunzi-fella, Gold-eyed charmer, the
sensible one, big sister

Sarrasine- Sarsi, Sarsi-fella, Barebutt, Apprentice lapcat, Mummy's
little angel/Devil, criminal genuis.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 23rd 05, 04:55 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Mognusticat wrote:
[...]

I love it!!! Everyone of these rate a 10 on the cute factor!!!! ;o) (My
Sade' (Ragdoll and now at the RB) had a nick: Fanny pants. Her's was a
fluffy girl too). God, I miss her. ;(

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde

Old June 23rd 05, 05:02 PM
Fritti Fritti is offline
Member

Location: The Netherlands
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mognusticat
How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads! Starting
with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com
Most of my cats have multiple names. As an example; my dearest sweetheart Venus is fully called Venus Nicolette Jennifer. Whoopi is full out called Whoopi Jennylina Luna. Jolie's name is the most boisterous: "Princesse neige-blanc avec des yeux jaunes". (which is French for, more or less: Snow-white princess with yellow eyes. Simply the description of what she looks like, but it sounds so much better and more impressive in French ). My Siamese Cleo's name full out is Cleo-Shinta-Li Lotuspetal.
I've had a blue Persian tom who was named Fabian the Nighthunter (a pedigreed show-cat), but he answered to Winston. I've had a black/brown tabby tom who would only come to you when you called him Puss. He never did react to any other name, actually.
I always liked to give my cats as baroque and capricious names as possible, but lately I've turned back to simple names. My 9-month-old black boy is simply called Syrius (for the irony, since syrius is the white star in the Orion constellation), and Shandy's (her full name by the way is Shandy Crystall Marion) 6-week-old daughter is just called Reverse (because she was born in breech presentation).
Purrs, Fritti and his gang.
Old June 23rd 05, 09:33 PM
Melissa Houle

Mognusticat wrote in message
How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads! Starting
with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

An embarrassing number!
At various times, Panther has been called: Mr. Mookums, Loodles,
Doodle-Boots, Poodle Pie (Don't ask me why, I just blurted it out one
day!)Pooky-boo, Gorgeous Big Boy, Little Black Paws. Usually, he'll answer
to Pan.

Francesca. Not too many yet, but they include: Piccola, Piccola Bella,
Cescarina, Pretty Girl, Stripers.(I had taken a trip to Italy in September
'03, which explains the somewhat Italianate nature of Francesca's proper
name AND her nicknames. She is named in honor of St. Francis of Assisi who
made being a cat a respectable occupation in Italy after years of the poor
animals being persecuted.) She most usually answers to Cesca.

Nina (Some of these are plain embarrassing, and a silly tone of voice and
playful mood should be assumed for many of them): Mousenose, Sweetie Bird,
Pretty Girl, Wittle Cuddlebug, Love Muffin, Nina Rotunda (She is a bit
round, these days) Nina-noo, Ni-Ni, Nini-Bird, Squeaky Nina, Squeaky,
Squeaky-Girl. Squeakums. She most often answers to Nina.

Melissa

Old June 23rd 05, 10:18 PM
Cathi

In message , Mognusticat
writes
How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads! Starting
with Cat and moving on. Just updated the Mogular Diary on it
http://mogular.blogspot.com

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Jasper: Jazzie-Boy, Jazz, Archetypal Cat, Shadowcat, Sootylump,
Lumpysoot

Carrie: Fatlump, Fatgirl (all "fat" references are unfair since she lost
a lot of weight, but they stuck), Cuddlesponge, Missy

Fenchurch: Fenny, Fenugreek, Fenella, Hissy Missy, Moo-face
--
Cathi
Old June 24th 05, 08:37 AM
Mognusticat

Wow!

Surpassed

Thanks for all of the responses. Some great names out there!

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Old June 24th 05, 07:07 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:02:55 +0000, Fritti
wrote:

Mognusticat Wrote:
How many names do you have for your cat? We seems to have loads!

Hmm... cat names. We only have two cats. I use a whole bunch of pet
names for them, often interchangeably depending on how norty they're
being at the time!

Scout - Scouty Girl, Scouty, Purrball
Silver - Sillybilly, Silly, Her Greediness, Lazybones, Hoover, our
'Ponginese'
Interchangeably - 'Baby girl', 'Sweetypie', 'Sweety', 'Norty Girl',
'El Destructo' (usually Silver), 'Girls', 'Madame', 'Princess'

Hmmm... poor Scouty's missing out in the nickname department. It must
be because she's so shy and retiring. Silver's the one who's 'in your
face' all the time demanding attention.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life