Scouty plays Pounce-the-cursor

Old November 9th 05, 02:01 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Scouty plays Pounce-the-cursor

This morning when I turned on the computer, Scouty jumped up on the
desk to supervise, the same as she usually does. But this time she
noticed my mouse cursor on the screen and she batted at it. So I moved
the mouse and she reached up and batted at it again. Every time I
moved the mouse she'd hunt around the screen to relocate the cursor so
she could swat it...

The really funny bit was when I dragged the cursor down to the bottom
of the screen... if you scroll low enough all you can see is a tiny
white dot. Scouty followed the cursor down the screen and when it
disappeared she looked under the monitor and tried to find it down on
the desk! I had to do it again just to see what she'd do and sure
enough she started pawing at the base of the monitor to try and dig it
out... it was sooo cute!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old November 9th 05, 03:08 AM
Gennie

Hee-hee!

i have a co-worker whose tux-cat, Odo, will chase the curser too!
Bill will mouse the curser off the left or right side of the screen.
Odo ALWAYS runs around to the back of the monitor to see where it went!

Gennie

Old November 9th 05, 05:32 AM
Marina

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
This morning when I turned on the computer, Scouty jumped up on the
desk to supervise, the same as she usually does. But this time she
noticed my mouse cursor on the screen and she batted at it. So I moved
the mouse and she reached up and batted at it again. Every time I
moved the mouse she'd hunt around the screen to relocate the cursor so
she could swat it...

The really funny bit was when I dragged the cursor down to the bottom
of the screen... if you scroll low enough all you can see is a tiny
white dot. Scouty followed the cursor down the screen and when it
disappeared she looked under the monitor and tried to find it down on
the desk! I had to do it again just to see what she'd do and sure
enough she started pawing at the base of the monitor to try and dig it
out... it was sooo cute!

LOL! Yes, it's funny. Miranda and Caliban have both played swat the
cursor. Lately, Caliban has also taken to watching TV and swatting at it.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 9th 05, 12:44 PM
SuzQ

LOL! That is funny. I'm glad you;ve gotten your electricity. We missed
you.
Suz

Old November 9th 05, 03:37 PM
Wayne Mitchell

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

Every time I
moved the mouse she'd hunt around the screen to relocate the cursor so
she could swat it...

Heidi would like to play swat the cursor, but I have an LCD
monitor with an easily-scratched screen, so I can't let her.
:-(

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

walt, still judging, wanders almost angrily, as the potter plays without their bandage I. E. Moore, RMP Cat anecdotes 0 September 13th 05 03:59 PM
generally, it plays a printer too urban behind her difficult river Oliver Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:38 PM
Practicing the pounce Justin L Cat health & behaviour 2 July 8th 05 04:47 PM
Cat Cursor Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 28th 05 05:19 AM
Zoomie, Pounce, Zoomie jmcquown Cat anecdotes 5 December 15th 04 04:07 PM