Rob is doing better!!

Old July 31st 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Rob is doing better!!

Welcome to you newbies. I'm sorry not to be a better neighbor, but I've
been a little pre-occupied. My husband is in hospital and I've been worried
about him.

Yesterday I came home from the hospital and went to bed. I was so
depressed. Rob was not responding. Not talking, moving, feeding himself,
nothing. It was a new low point in his journey with cancer. He was running
a temperature of 102+ and just not doing well.

Today I called the hospital before I went over. Rob's fever was down, he
was feeding himself, and answering questions. I noticed that he refused to
talk if he thought the question was stupid. I fed him his soup and jello
and helped him with his tea. The nurses wanted him to do as much as he
could on his own. OOPS. The re-hab girls came in and tried to get him to
walk with a walker. Not happening yet. Rob honestly tried, but couldn't
straighten up. He may go into re-hab before coming home, I don't know. I
was told to consider this a time of vacation as I won't be changing him,
cleaning the messes and so forth while he is in hospital. It would be a
vacation if Rob were here and able to take care of himself. I dunno

They delivered a new wheelchair for him yesterday as well. This thing has
button releases and catches everywhere. I hope I can learn them all.

Anyway, we finally got some good news. I'm hoping that it keeps getting
better. The cats seem to think that I dumped Rob or something. They either
sit with their butts towards me, or ignore me. Whatever happened to Rob, it
is my fault and you cannot convince the cats otherwise.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

[...]

That is so good to hear about Rob, Pam.
Now you just have to explain to the kitties what's going on.
As is they'll listen..HA!!
I've been sending the best vibes, wishes and purrayers I can muster up for
you and Rob and the rest of your family

Kyla.

Old July 31st 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better! And *of course it's all your fault*.
Cats are simply wired to think that way. G For instance, it stormed
today. Really stormed. Torrential rain, horrific lightning and lots of
thunder. And it was all my fault. Persia had to hide under the sofa. It
didn't stop her from coming out at dinner time and saying "meow"... but it
was still all my fault

Hang in there, Pam. Purrs are always with you and Rob.

Jill

Old July 31st 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. At this point, I suspect the situation
is harder on you than it is on him. Having someone in the hospital is
extremely stressful and physically exhausting, especially when it's for such
a serious reason. I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

Joy

Old July 31st 09, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
snip
Anyway, we finally got some good news. I'm hoping that it keeps
getting better. The cats seem to think that I dumped Rob or
something. They either sit with their butts towards me, or ignore
me. Whatever happened to Rob, it is my fault and you cannot convince
the cats otherwise.
Pam S.

Continuing purrs.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 31st 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

You know it, and you must bear the consequences, at least until they start
getting hungry. Continuing purrs for all, hoping for more good news.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old July 31st 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Oh thank God, Pam, I'm so glad to hear that. I know there is power in purrs
(look what they did for Brooke), so mega healing purrs will continue for
Rob. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"tanadashoes" wrote:
Today I called the hospital before I went over. Rob's fever was down, he
was feeding himself, and answering questions. I noticed that he refused to
talk if he thought the question was stupid.

That's excellent news. I hope that he continues to be healthy and
cheeky!