Sabra is gone

Old May 13th 05, 06:38 PM

Default Sabra is gone

The new vet came to our home yesterday evening. He had fluid building
up in his lungs, his blood pressure was very low, he was not eating,
and it was time.

We got out a card table after taking Sabra around to say goodbye to
everyone. Cosmo, his mortal enemy, licked his ear! The vet had
trouble finding a vein, but managed to very slowly inject Sabra with
the elixir of release. She said a little prayer almost over him
before she began, thanking him for being here and saying that we would
see him again. I had my cat candle holders with candles lit close by.
I petted his little head and told him how much I loved him as he
slipped away from this life.

I will miss Sabra following me into the bathroom and demanding his
pets as I sat on the "Cat-Petting Throne". I will miss Sabra walking
around with his claws out because he was *so* proud of them. I will
miss Sabra, gleam in his eye, messing with Cosmo's head by acting like
he was attacking, yet never actually touching Cosmo. I will miss
wondering where Sabra is, only to find him sleeping peacefully in my
underwear drawer. I will miss Sabra walking up to nearly ever person
who ever came in here, giving a bold meow and waiting for the new
person to pet him (which was the only reason they were there, of
course). I will miss Sabra, who was one of a kind and very special to
our hearts.

Mazel tov, Sabra. To you in the next life. I will love you always.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 13th 05, 06:41 PM
lewe

wrote in message
[...]

Sorry you had to let him go, purrs for his passage to the bridge and for you
all who miss him.

Best, hugs
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old May 13th 05, 06:53 PM
Karen

I'm so sorry

Old May 13th 05, 07:04 PM
jmcquown

{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry. But you gave Sabra a wonderful life and Sabra will forever be
in your heart and you in his.

Jill

wrote:
[...]

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....mmer/index.htm
(genealogy) http://www.movieanimals.bravehost.com/ (The Violence
Against Animals in Movies Website)

Old May 13th 05, 07:10 PM
Julie Cook

I am so very sorry, Ginger-lyn. You've posted a lovely tribute to Sabra
that brought tears to my eyes. Gentle headbutts to you, DH and the cats
and purrs for your poor broken heart. I shall light a candle tonight to
help guide Sabra to the Bridge.
Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old May 13th 05, 07:11 PM
melizabeth

wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry for you loss...healing thoughts heading your way.

Old May 13th 05, 07:13 PM
Debbie Wilson

Mazel tov, Sabra. To you in the next life. I will love you always.

So very sorry that Sabra has gone - what a beautiful tribute to his
life.

Purrs for you all -

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old May 13th 05, 07:40 PM
Arthur Shapiro

In article , wrote:
The new vet came to our home yesterday evening.

I appreciated reading about Sabra. My condolences on the sad events.

Art