Poll: Which direction do your cats like to face?

Old November 15th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

Default Poll: Which direction do your cats like to face?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:46:10 GMT tanada wrote:

In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Blacky and Merlin normally oppose each other. If Blacky sleeps curled
up clockwise then Merlin will do so counterclockwise and vice versa.

Sometimes one of them gets up, stretches, yawns, makes a hump and
curls up in opposite direction. Not long after that, the other will do
the same - presumably to restore universal symmetry.

On other times they use an even more universal symmetry and curl up
like Yin and Yang:

http://www.curschmann-sachsen.de/katergruppen_44.htm
http://www.curschmann-sachsen.de/katergruppen_45.htm
http://www.curschmann-sachsen.de/katergruppen_46.htm

Squarely Yours
Michael

BTW, won't the Yin and Yang-motive make a perfect draft for a ceramic
cat assembly - a black with a white cat?

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furballs Blacky and Merlin
Old November 15th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:30:36 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
yodeled:

Mesdames Roxie and Sabrina prefer to curl counterclockwise, while Odessa has
gotten in touch with her inner otter, and enjoys lying on her back. Stosh and
Brandy prefer to sleep on their sides, usually with their heads to the left,
and try to stretch to maximum cat-limit. Chubby, fluffy Brandy looks
especially like a little rug when she does this, so Louie and I have proven
that we watch way too many episodes of "The Nanny" by nicknaming her "Rugaleh.
"

That's a cookie!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 15th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Usually, but not always, clockwise, for Shmogg.

Fluffy .... well, she's a dog but thinks she's a cat. She does her very best
to meatloaf.

Yowie

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:694c77a6c9821@uwe...
Mesdames Roxie and Sabrina prefer to curl counterclockwise, while Odessa
has
gotten in touch with her inner otter, and enjoys lying on her back. Stosh
and
Brandy prefer to sleep on their sides, usually with their heads to the
left,
and try to stretch to maximum cat-limit. Chubby, fluffy Brandy looks
especially like a little rug when she does this, so Louie and I have
proven
that we watch way too many episodes of "The Nanny" by nicknaming her
"Rugaleh.
"

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 16th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

tanada wrote:
In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

When he's curled around my head, Smokey usually his head pointed left.
When he's sleeping on my feet, his head points right (in relationship to
me). What's up with that?

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old November 16th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:46:10 GMT, "tanada"
yodeled:

In ceramics I'm making a statue of a cat sleeping on a rather rudimentary
sofa. Since my owners tend to face to my right when sleeping I faced my
sleeping cat to the right. One of the other students saw this and told me
that her cat also faces to the right when sleeping.

I was telling Rob about this when I noticed that Huey and Merlin were
shifting their positions on the bed...to the left. Since that time, all of
the cats are doing their best to confuse us. May I suggest that you don't
mention this poll in front of your owner, but answer. Does your cat face to
your right or left when sleeping curled up?

Pam S. getting paranoid

Stinky curls counter-clockwise.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War