Operation Tom & Jerry

Old June 17th 05, 01:49 PM
Mognusticat

Default Operation Tom & Jerry

Hi,

When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It doesn't
though. I guess there must be plenty of these stories about. Perhaps they
are so common they seem a bit boring now?

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

Old June 17th 05, 01:52 PM
Victor Martinez

Mognusticat wrote:
When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It doesn't

I don't think that's a topic many of us would enjoy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 17th 05, 02:25 PM
Adrian

Mognusticat wrote:
Hi,

When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more
stories about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything
else. It doesn't though. I guess there must be plenty of these
stories about. Perhaps they are so common they seem a bit boring now?

Mognusticat Servant.

http://mogular.blogspot.com

I think the majority of posters on this group live in north america,
where inside only cats are common.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 17th 05, 02:29 PM
Karen

For my part, it's been a tough year. My girls are certainly adorable but we
lost Sugar's brother Grant in February and I know that I have just been
adjusting. My girls are indoor cats, so they don't bring in "prey" as such,
but Sugar does love to play with twistie ties and furry balls.

I did want to say there is a new level in the Sugar Pearl relationship.
Pearl is so funny. She wants to play and so she will ruuuun and scratch on a
cat tree. Then she will runnn and scratch on another one. She will get Sugar
in her sight and do the butt wiggle. That is enough to get Sugar to hiss and
move. HOwever, lately, a **small**chase might ensue. The two come no closer
than 2 feet before it breaks off. At that point, Pearl retires and Sugar
scratches madly on any nearby cat tree. Such an odd relationship.
Interested, but don't want to admit they want to play.

Old June 17th 05, 03:30 PM
Mognusticat

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Mognusticat wrote:
When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It
doesn't

I don't think that's a topic many of us would enjoy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Hi,

It is annoying when it happens but often funny to look back on. We try to
see it from Cat's point of view on Cat's Mogular Diary
(
http://mogular.blogspot.com)

Mognusticat Servant.

Old June 17th 05, 04:51 PM
Karen

I do have a funny story from when I was little and had indoor outdoor cats.
We had a cat who caught her first mouse and laid it on the doorstep. My dad
threw it in the garbage bin. The next day, the SAME mouse was back. He
tossed it again. Finally the third day she dug it out of the garbage bin and
put it on the step, my dad lavished praise on her and told her what a good
kitty she was. It stayed in the garbage after that. She was prone to
bringing home anything that fell off a neighborhood laundry line. It was our
kids job to go around the block knocking on doors asking if this was YOUR
bathing suit or underwear or what have you. Newspaper too. Anything blowing
around. She actually brought home more of that stuff than "prey". Her name
was Wink.

Old June 17th 05, 04:57 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:51:54 -0500, "Karen"
yodeled:

I do have a funny story from when I was little and had indoor outdoor cats.
We had a cat who caught her first mouse and laid it on the doorstep. My dad
threw it in the garbage bin. The next day, the SAME mouse was back. He
tossed it again. Finally the third day she dug it out of the garbage bin and
put it on the step, my dad lavished praise on her and told her what a good
kitty she was. It stayed in the garbage after that. She was prone to
bringing home anything that fell off a neighborhood laundry line. It was our
kids job to go around the block knocking on doors asking if this was YOUR
bathing suit or underwear or what have you. Newspaper too. Anything blowing
around. She actually brought home more of that stuff than "prey". Her name
was Wink.

Stinky is a late-blooming hunter-- he caught his first mouse at age
12-- but he has become quite proficient. At catching them, as I've
frequently reported here. Not so good at finishing them off. I've
never got the sense he thinks he is supposed to *kill* them-- he just
thinks they are the coolest cat toy.

Theresa
Old June 18th 05, 07:37 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:49:25 +0100, "Mognusticat"
wrote:

Hi,

When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It doesn't
though. I guess there must be plenty of these stories about. Perhaps they
are so common they seem a bit boring now?

Well, here's a very old story. Years ago, back in the late 60s, we had
a male daschund who raised an abandoned kitten. For the first year or
so Mittens thought he was a d*g. That pretty much ended when he
learned he could scale the fence, and of course he also learned about
girl kitties. (Note: these days one of the first things I would do
would be to get him neutered, but back then it just wasn't something
we thought of doing. In fact I don't think Mittens was ever seen by
TED.)

Bobo, the doxy, was kept in a fenced yard, but one of his favorite
things was to go into the foothills with us kids. In fact it was on of
these trips that he found Mittens, the sole survivor of a litter of
kits someone had dumped. Anyway, Bobo was forever digging at the
ground squirrel holes, but of coure he could never catch a squirrel.
Once Mittens learned he could climb fences he would often make the 1/4
mile trip from our house to the edge of the foothills, usually by
himself but sometimes he'd come along when we were playing with Bobo.

Anyway, one day Mittens brought home a ground squirrel and presented
it to Bobo. It was pretty amazing to us, since Mittens wasn't a BIG
cat, just medium sized, and he carried a good sized squirrel home,
climbing a couple six foot fences to get it home to give to Bo.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 18th 05, 07:42 AM
Marina

Mognusticat wrote:

Hi,

When I first subscribed to this group, I expected it to have more stories
about the prey brought it by our beloved cats than anything else. It doesn't
though. I guess there must be plenty of these stories about. Perhaps they
are so common they seem a bit boring now?

With Nikki gone, I'm afraid there won't be many hunting stories to post
any more, unless Miranda turns out to be a huntress, which I doubt. It
will have to wait until we go out to our summer island, though, because
here in town they are indoor cats only.

Frank was a late bloomer when it comes to hunting. He was 10 when he
made his first kill. He's not that interested in hunting, but sometimes
he bags one. The most memorable time was when I woke early one morning
to a dead vole dangling in my face, hanging from the mouth of a purring,
very pleased-with-himself Frank. Another memorable moment was when my
foot hit something wet and cold in bed in the middle of the night, I
jumped up and pulled away the covers to discover half a vole at the foot
of the bed.

Nikki, of course, was a huntress supreme. She brought me numerous voles,
water voles and, once, a baby hare. Some birds, too, and a squirrel a
couple of times. Nikki would even dive into water to catch a water vole.
I didn't see her doing it ever, but when she came home with a water
vole, and was wet all over during a very dry summer, this is the only
explanation. I'm not going to miss the half-eaten carcasses littering
the floor this summer, but I will miss having Nikki around on the
island. She really bloomed there.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 07:43 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:

For my part, it's been a tough year. My girls are certainly adorable but we
lost Sugar's brother Grant in February and I know that I have just been
adjusting. My girls are indoor cats, so they don't bring in "prey" as such,
but Sugar does love to play with twistie ties and furry balls.

I did want to say there is a new level in the Sugar Pearl relationship.
Pearl is so funny. She wants to play and so she will ruuuun and scratch on a
cat tree. Then she will runnn and scratch on another one. She will get Sugar
in her sight and do the butt wiggle. That is enough to get Sugar to hiss and
move. HOwever, lately, a **small**chase might ensue. The two come no closer
than 2 feet before it breaks off. At that point, Pearl retires and Sugar
scratches madly on any nearby cat tree. Such an odd relationship.
Interested, but don't want to admit they want to play.

LOL! Sounds like they have some fun together anyway, though they might
not want to admit it.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.