Royal Canin

Old March 22nd 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lawrence Levinson

Default Royal Canin

On Mar 22, 5:49 am, Lynne wrote:
on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:01:02 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

Honeybuns.

heh

--
Lynne

Feeding RAW diets is expensive, not precise as you guys mentioned
above, and really dangerous! Have you seen how much fecal coliform,
salmonella and other great things are in raw food? You really wouldn't
want to bring that into your home.

- Big B

Old March 23rd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Corey Kaye" wrote in message
. ..
cybercat wrote:

Bull****. You admitted that you haven't even looked at the nutrition
differences since Purina took over a few years ago. Honeybuns.

I looked at several cans when I was in the grocery store last week. All
had by-products in the first three ingredients. That's *not* premium
food.

----------
I have a can of FF Tender Beef Feast sitting in front of me. The first four
ingredients a Beef, beef broth, liver, fish. I have many other cans of
various flavors in my cupboard. I will be happy to provide the first three
ingredients for each of them.
Best regards,
--Cindy S.

Old March 23rd 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Corey Kaye

cybercat wrote:

There did not have to be a change at all. Your cat may have been predisposed
to the problem. My point is, you are very fast to blame food for your cat's
health problems. It is ridiculous.

Sure. Cat is crystal-free for 7 years. After four weeks of a new food,
cat is riddled with crystals. That's one HELL of a coincidence.

Bull****. You admitted that you haven't even looked at the nutrition
differences since Purina took over a few years ago. Honeybuns.

I looked at several cans when I was in the grocery store last week. All
had by-products in the first three ingredients. That's *not* premium food.

Corey

Old March 23rd 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Mar 21, 7:31�pm, "Buddy's Mom" wrote:
So now I am reading that Royal Canin hard food for cats contains too
much Vit. D and is also killing cats? *And that is what I switched to
from canned food.

I guess someone was correct - just cook chicken yourself and feel it
to the kitties.

Hello, Mrs. Buddy. Why don't you just stick to dry food? Then you
wouldn't have to worry. If all of you were feeding your boys and girls
dry food, this conversation wouldn't even be happening. But you just
HAD to spoil them, now didn't you...? See... that's one thing I will
never allow my wife to stray off the coarse and do. Ruin the cat. Our
boy gets dry food in moderate amounts. Twice daily. And he doesn't
have an unlimited feeding station. That's why he'z now fit and trim.
We do give him special treats from time to time. Cat treats that come
in a can. We take the lid off and he has to figure out how to do the
rest. And he usually does. Healthy for him mentally. He does enjoy the
occasional dropped shrimp or empty tuna can to make the most of. But
rarely.
IBen's advice: Quit SPOILING your boys and girls. Dry food only. And
be glad of this one thing... that they don't have any vocal cords to
let you know about it.

IBen

Old March 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Mar 22, 12:01?am, "cybercat" wrote:
"Corey Kaye" wrote in message

. ..

Bull****. You admitted that......

snip profanity

Watch it or you'll be reported to the netcops.... LOL..!!!!

IBen Getiner

Old March 23rd 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cindys" wrote in message

"Corey Kaye" wrote in message
. ..
cybercat wrote:

Bull****. You admitted that you haven't even looked at the nutrition
differences since Purina took over a few years ago. Honeybuns.

I looked at several cans when I was in the grocery store last week. All
had by-products in the first three ingredients. That's *not* premium
food.

----------
I have a can of FF Tender Beef Feast sitting in front of me. The first
four ingredients a Beef, beef broth, liver, fish. I have many other
cans of various flavors in my cupboard. I will be happy to provide the
first three ingredients for each of them.
Best regards,
--Cindy S.

Corey has made up his mind, please don't confuse him with the facts.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I have a can of FF Tender Beef Feast sitting in front of me. The first four
ingredients a Beef, beef broth, liver, fish. I have many other cans of
various flavors in my cupboard. I will be happy to provide the first three
ingredients for each of them.

I think it depends on the type. My cats only like the feast versions.
Not thye cuts, sliced, etc. Just the ground up mush. Of the 4 flavors
I have here, 3 had meat by-products as the 2nd ingredient and one with
it as the 4th ingredient.

I wish it didn't have it, but it beats most of the grocery store
brands that don't have meat as the first ingredient. And I haven't
found any other canned food that Jay Jay will eat. It was only a
couple months ago that he decided that two of these flavors were
acceptable.

Old March 23rd 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a can of FF Tender Beef Feast sitting in front of me. The first
four
ingredients a Beef, beef broth, liver, fish. I have many other cans of
various flavors in my cupboard. I will be happy to provide the first
three
ingredients for each of them.

I think it depends on the type. My cats only like the feast versions.
Not thye cuts, sliced, etc. Just the ground up mush. Of the 4 flavors
I have here, 3 had meat by-products as the 2nd ingredient and one with
it as the 4th ingredient.

I wish it didn't have it, but it beats most of the grocery store
brands that don't have meat as the first ingredient. And I haven't
found any other canned food that Jay Jay will eat. It was only a
couple months ago that he decided that two of these flavors were
acceptable.

-----------
There is a new brand on the market which I purchased in my supermarket. It
comes in only three flavors. It's called "Promise." Its motto is: "Let
byproducts be bygones. " It costs 99 cents for the 5.5 ounce can. My cats
are willing to eat it.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old March 25th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

From what I've read, it was SUPPOSEDLY only 6 or 7 types of canned foods
that
were only sold by veterinarians only in 2006. (Google this for info).

However, up until this week I was a long time R.C. customer, & my gut
feeling from dealing with them this week is that they are currently
covering up
SOMETHING; at minimum they're playing corporate cover thy rear politics.
Their very unopen communication style has cost them at least this
customer. They refuse to comment as to whether menu manufactures any of
their foods.