Test: Where is everybody?

Old March 31st 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default Test: Where is everybody?

Today is the second day that I get a "There are no items in this view"
message when I try to download the postings to both groups I read. I can't
believe you all have been silent for two days.
We'll see if this gets through.
Annie, having severe RPCA withdrawal

Old April 2nd 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Annie Wxill wrote:
Today is the second day that I get a "There are no items in this view"
message when I try to download the postings to both groups I read. I can't
believe you all have been silent for two days.
We'll see if this gets through.
Annie, having severe RPCA withdrawal

It's been pretty quiet here lately, but there have been some 50 posts a
day, I think. It's strange that you can't see them. Hope this one gets
through to you.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old April 2nd 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default Where is everybody?

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Today is the second day that I get a "There are no items in this view"
message when I try to download the postings to both groups I read. I
can't believe you all have been silent for two days.
We'll see if this gets through.
Annie, having severe RPCA withdrawal

Us? Silent? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

Pam S. who couldn't stay silent if you paid her to

Old April 2nd 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Tanada" wrote in message
link.net...
Us? Silent? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........
Pam S. who couldn't stay silent if you paid her to

Yeah, that's what I thought.Anyway, it appears that you are all back.,

Annie

Old April 3rd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Mar 31, 9:17 am, "Annie Wxill" wrote:
Today is the second day that I get a "There are no items in this view"
message when I try to download the postings to both groups I read. I can't
believe you all have been silent for two days.
We'll see if this gets through.
Annie, having severe RPCA withdrawal

I feel your pain, Annie. I've lost both of my usual methods of getting
newsgroups for some reason and have had to resort to Google. The
scarey thing is, I'm actually beginning to understand how Google
works. Yikes! Goodluck getting back to a conventional news reader.

Julie

Old April 3rd 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

GaDragonfly wrote:
On Mar 31, 9:17 am, "Annie Wxill" wrote:
Today is the second day that I get a "There are no items in this
view" message when I try to download the postings to both groups I
read. I can't believe you all have been silent for two days.
We'll see if this gets through.
Annie, having severe RPCA withdrawal

I feel your pain, Annie. I've lost both of my usual methods of getting
newsgroups for some reason and have had to resort to Google. The
scarey thing is, I'm actually beginning to understand how Google
works. Yikes! Goodluck getting back to a conventional news reader.

Julie

The only time I could imagine using Google is when I don't have access to my
own computer.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 3rd 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

GaDragonfly wrote:

I feel your pain, Annie. I've lost both of my usual methods of getting
newsgroups for some reason and have had to resort to Google.

Resort to Google? Luxury! You don't know when you've got it bad. I've always
used Google for the ng until I get this new job where the IT monsters don't
let me use it and I have to come in via CatKB, which doesn't always send
messages to Google (and vice versa)

Got my own back on the IT Department the other day. Had this very eccentric
patient who tried to send me photographs of his problem as a zip file but
that wouldn't unzip so he put them on a website and sent me the URL. URL was
blocked, had to call IT and ask if they could retrieve the photos for me.

"No problem" said the chirpy IT guy "I'll do it for you now and post them to
you"

(So we know IT don't have the filters swicthed on!)

Moments later I heard "I'm opening them now,.,,,,,Oh my God!"

That'll teach them!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 3rd 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisakatt

GaDragonfly wrote:

I feel your pain, Annie. I've lost both of my usual methods of getting
newsgroups for some reason and have had to resort to Google.

Resort to Google? Luxury! You don't know when you've got it bad. I've
always
used Google for the ng until I get this new job where the IT monsters
don't
let me use it and I have to come in via CatKB, which doesn't always send
messages to Google (and vice versa)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lesley, Annie and others! Try
http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/

It is very much better than Googles in my opinion.
Elisabet

Old April 3rd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Lisakatt" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Lesley, Annie and others! Try
http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/
It is very much better than Googles in my opinion.
Elisabet

Thanks, Elisabet. That looks interesting. I saved it in my favorites
folder to explore further at a later time or to use as needed.

For some reason, I seem to have recovered access to the group. Apparently,
I wasn't alone with problems. I'm usind MailGate. I got a private email
from a WebTV user. I wonder how manhy others were affected and what
happened.

Annie

Old April 3rd 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Lesley, Annie and others! Try
http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/

It is very much better than Googles in my opinion.
Elisabet

Thanks Elisabet

It looks okay but I can't see how to make it so that all the messages in a
topic display rather than having to go down the list and keep clicking on
items but I am sure there must be a way and I've bookmarked it for a look
later

I'm hanging on for the network at home to finally get set up (and it may do
next week, which is a year after I went out and brought the dratted equipment!
) and then I can use Outlook as my reader

test Ann Cat anecdotes 1 September 13th 05 10:42 PM
test HansUppants Cat health & behaviour 0 April 27th 05 03:34 PM
test MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 0 January 17th 05 05:37 AM
test MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 3 January 15th 05 07:19 PM
test 2 MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 0 January 15th 05 01:53 AM