A young kitty takes off in a heliocatter

Old October 3rd 18, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A young kitty takes off in a heliocatter

He's not got his license to fly passengers, but he can fly supplies.

He's got stuff to drop on Sulawesi. He checks his gas carefully and
has a round trip with a little to spare.

From the other side of the island, where the resorts are, folks start
arriving and dropping things off. They are for 2foots and 4foots.
They calculated the most 'bang for the lb' so its light weight stuff.
Tubes of antiseptic ointment, gauze bandages, bleach to purify water
and droppers to measure it with printed directions on how much to use.
Dry cat and dog food and dehydrated meat, vegetables and fruits in
watertight bags.

He recalculates his gas and distance and tucks in sutures (shuddering
at what they used to be made of) and surgical sterile gloves.

He looks at the pile and adds some blow up mattresses which weigh
almost nothing. He coveres them with tarps from the resort kittahs.

With a deep breath, he waves and takes off. He has the only catacopter
on the island and no 2 foots have one. He's young, brave, and scared.
Old October 3rd 18, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:51:41 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
He's not got his license to fly passengers, but he can fly supplies.

He's got stuff to drop on Sulawesi. He checks his gas carefully and
has a round trip with a little to spare.

From the other side of the island, where the resorts are, folks start
arriving and dropping things off. They are for 2foots and 4foots.
They calculated the most 'bang for the lb' so its light weight stuff.
Tubes of antiseptic ointment, gauze bandages, bleach to purify water
and droppers to measure it with printed directions on how much to use.
Dry cat and dog food and dehydrated meat, vegetables and fruits in
watertight bags.

He recalculates his gas and distance and tucks in sutures (shuddering
at what they used to be made of) and surgical sterile gloves.

He looks at the pile and adds some blow up mattresses which weigh
almost nothing. He coveres them with tarps from the resort kittahs.

With a deep breath, he waves and takes off. He has the only catacopter
on the island and no 2 foots have one. He's young, brave, and scared.

[Francesca tracks down the Princess and they huddle. The Princess calls in several of her advisors, and several catellite phone calls are made. Several laptops are consulted. After half an hour or so the huddle disbands and Francesca runs to Sammy.]

Sammy, Sammy! Dat catacopter dat just taked off - it duzn't haf a teleporter built in, so it has to fly like normal. And da weather report says dat the wind just shifted - when dat offur kitty taked off him had a tail wind. Now him has a head wind! We's might need to send a rescue catacopter after him.
Old October 3rd 18, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:51:41 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
He's not got his license to fly passengers, but he can fly supplies.

He's got stuff to drop on Sulawesi. He checks his gas carefully and
has a round trip with a little to spare.

From the other side of the island, where the resorts are, folks
start arriving and dropping things off. They are for 2foots and
[...]

The young kittah notes the wind shift. He grabs his notebook from
class and reminds himself of the thin shifts that can happen in his
area and tests going higher. He catches a tailwind. It's a little off
his course but not bad. He has enough fuel to make it but he may have
to refuel to get back home.

He takes a deep breath and captures his tail and licks it like his
meowmie used to. It calms him. He remembers she used to say 'you can
do anything little White Foot, you just need experience and others will
help, even from unexpected sources'.

White Foot flies on.
Old October 5th 18, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 5:40:43 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
Dan Mahoney wrote:

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 6:51:41 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
He's not got his license to fly passengers, but he can fly supplies.

He's got stuff to drop on Sulawesi. He checks his gas carefully and
has a round trip with a little to spare.

From the other side of the island, where the resorts are, folks
[...]

[Sammy and Francesca confer for a while, then Francesca teleports away. About 20 minutes later Princess Malee notices a large shimmering patch about 100 feet over the beach. As she watches a really large cargo chopper flies through the shimmer and emerges into beach airspace.

The chopper finds a flat rocky area to land, where they can avoid kicking up sand. The chopper lands and the engine windws down. Francesca leads a small team of cats and dogs out of the chopper.]

Francesca: Hi, Princess. I bringed back a cargo catacopter wif some supplies to help out WhiteFoot's efforts. We'z also got a bladder of fuel slung under the body of the copter, and some tanks of water and pallets of food. We'z also got a rescue winch. Dis big Irish Wolfhound is Ian, mine loadmaster and flight engineer. And dis Norwegian Forest Cat is Hans, mine rescue winch operator. An da chopper is equiped wif a cargo teleporter, so we can get to da destination almost instantly.

Princess: Thank you, Francesca! The people hit by the tsunami need the help, and I will feel better if WhiteFoot has some backup.

[The whole team reboards the chopper. The chopper takes off and speeds away, and quickly disappears into another shimmery patch.

Once they arrive over the tsunami scene they immediately identify where White Foot had been. He had unloading supplies beside a huge crowd of kitties. They also see a couple of wet and cold mom cats with a lot of kittens, now wrapped up in warm blankets, cuddling their kittens and feeding them. A nearby first aid tent is active with nurse kitties using the medical supplies White Foot had dropped off to help tsunami victims.

Ian passes a map to Francesca, pointing to a village deep in a valley. They head for the village, and spot White Foot's chopper. The wind is blowing enough to cause significant up- and down drafts. White Foot passes low over a cliff, and starts to bobble in the drafts. Francesca holds her breath nervously, but quickly sees White Foot recover exactly correctly. He lands his chopper just outside the village, and quickly unloads the remaining supplies.

Francesca lands the cargo chopper near White Foot's chopper. The crew unstraps the fuel bladder and hauls it over to White Foot's chopper. He gives the refueling team a big hug, then runs over to Francesca,]

White Foot: Miss copter pilot kitty, I am so glad you is here! Dis village needs a doctor, but da nearest one is back over in da last village. I couldn't bring him cuz I'm not rated for passengers. Could you bring da doctor?

Francesca: Of course! We'll go get da doctor. We should be able to fill your fuel tank,

White Foot: Fank you! I will also need to get some doctots an nurses to a couple other villages, but I dont know how to do dat.

[Francesca calls Hans over]

White Foot, dis is Hans. Him is my rescue winch operator, but him is also a flight instructor! If he goes wif you, you can legally fly passengers. And we should have a bunch of fuel left in the fuel bladder so you can refuel again. Oh, and we haf a rescue teleporter youcan hook to your chopper so you can teleport the whole chopper.

[White Foot vigorously shakes Hans' paw. ] Fangu, fangu!
Old October 5th 18, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

White Foot: Fank you! I will also need to get some doctots an nurses
to a couple other villages, but I dont know how to do dat.

[Francesca calls Hans over]

White Foot, dis is Hans. Him is my rescue winch operator, but him is
also a flight instructor! If he goes wif you, you can legally fly
passengers. And we should have a bunch of fuel left in the fuel
bladder so you can refuel again. Oh, and we haf a rescue teleporter
youcan hook to your chopper so you can teleport the whole chopper.

[White Foot vigorously shakes Hans' paw. ] Fangu, fangu!

Whitefoot hugs Francesca then cheek rubs Hans.

"Hans, Wez go back 2 villages furr da Doctor den up da cliff to here
again anna next one over. Kin dat teleporter stage sum fuds for 2 anna
4foots here?"

Hans nodds and they go back to get the medical team. As they fly, Hans
notes Whitefoot is actually a very good flier with all standard moves,
and has very good instincts that need only time to perfect for the odd
updraft. Steady and true.

Before long, they see the little savior catacopter back and over then
to deliver the doctors to the worst hit village upland of them. They
head off steady and upper and deeper into the mountians.

Meantime locals back at Koh Kood make arrangements for more food and
gear to go. It's arriving on the speed boats from the mainland.

Francesca heads over with her larger catacopter capability that can
handle pallets and starts picking up. She finds a pile of 'need this
but too heavy' and has that loaded first. It's water purification gear
listed. She grabs it all. It's paper filters, empty plastic bottle,
bleach in jugs, and cleaned out milk jugs. She notes lots of grain free
4foot food.