Jellicle Ball 2018 opening address

Old October 25th 18, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Jellicle Ball 2018 opening address

[A mature orange mancat with white paws walks to a dais raised a little higher than the beach. He is unaccustomed to public speaking and is rather nervous, but he knows the importance of the Jellicle Ball and is eager to do a good job. ]

Good evening, kitties and guests. I'm pleased to see so many old friends and so many new friends. Welcome to the 2018 Jellicle Ball. I am honored to be your Master of Ceremonies this year.

Let's offer a round of applause and thanks to our hosts: King Chanarong , Princess Malee, and the local residents who have so graciously offered the use of thier home for our gathering.. The beach here is wonderful, and the caves are fascinating! And I'd like to offer a special thanks to White Foot, the heroic pilot who was so instrumental in rescuing victims of the earthquake and tsunami.

As you know the purpose of the Jellicle Ball is to allow us to remember those members of the Community who have departed for the Rainbow Bridge before we were ready for them to go. We know that they still keep an eye on us from the Bridge, and they sometimes show themselves to us, but it is on this night that we come together to remember them, and to share our memories of them, and to comfort each other as feel their loss.

In a few moment Daisy-chan will honor us with the first Calling of Names. Those who wich to share their memories of those who passed may do so when the first reading is complete. If any names are missing, please announce them and they will be added to the list. Once everybody has had a chance to share their memories, Daisy-chan will read the final Calling of Names. Those names missed in the first calling will be read in the second calling.

Between the first calling and the final, you may sit and listen to tributes, you can visit the buffet for goodies, you can dance to the wonderful live music of Hercule Lenoir's orchestra.

Around midnight kitty time (which bears no relation to midnight human time) we will sing Cat Angel and, if Bast blesses us, we will catch a glimpse of the Rainbow Bridge and will see many of our dear departed friends and family.

I now yield the dais to Miss Daisy-chan.
Old October 25th 18, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Jellicle Ball 2018 opening address, Reading of names

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the crowd and nods.

It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small pendant of a
winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and reaches the podium
as the moon slips above the horizon to shine softly.

Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent. She sets her
list down and looks straight to the guests as she reads it in braille
with her paws. At the side, a dog repeats it in ASL-C/D. He is
well lit by the moon.

Good evening, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful Island place of Koh Kood, Magical and
simple.

Welcome, all, to the twenty third annual Jellicle Ball!

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon, we
gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have taken their final
journey in the year just past.

With hearts full of sorrow and abiding love, we treasure the memories
of the time they shared and the memories which are forever ours.
Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then guests rise their glowsticks like candles
in memory. Light of the moon shines over all.]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
La Infanta de Arizona, a ward of the House of David
Bruno Reddog Housedog, guardian of cats of the House of David
Claire, House of Armstrong
Rosie, House of Berkebile
Jeanné, House of Bodel
Peapod, House of Camille Scaldini
Bob Catt, House of Catt with Mooch
Ezekiel, House of Crandlemire
Jessica, House of Crandlemire
Mr Mouse, House of David
Pinky, House of David
Ruby, House of Garcia-Romero
Darcy, House of Golumb
Lilith, House of Hanoka
Miss Tina Marie, House of Hanoka
Scotty McMouser, House of John
Tiny, House of John
Snowflake, House of Julie
Catolina, House of Lasheka
Pat, House of Mahoney
Samwise, House of Olds
Amber, House of Rennie
Elena, House of Rennie
Marble, House of Rennie
Shea, House of RennieHouse of Rennie
Black Phantom, House of Ruskin
Bonnie, House of Ruskin
Gypsy, House of Ruskin
Calypso, House of Ruskin (Service Dog)
Cruiser, House of Ruskin (Service Dog)
Napoleon, House of Schulz
Peaches, House of Square
Mamacita, House of Steele
BeBe, House of Stott
Braeden, House of Stott
Buda, House of Stott
Evan, House of Stott
Ian, House of Stott
Rebecca, House of Stright
Rosie, House of Tucker
Duke thuh Dog, House of Weaver-Terrell
Sara, House of Whitwell
Keenser, House of Wright
Kittahs of Koh Kood, who are with Bast

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw raises a
glow stick over the podium]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.
Old October 25th 18, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Miss Daisy-chan, Anti Heather asks for two names to be added:

Noah, House of Rennie
Nevaeh, House of Rennie

She also noticed dat Shalimar, House of Rennie is listed on da Walk twice: in 2016 an 2017. She asks for da 2017 one to be changed to Shea, House of Rennie.

Fangu,
Sundance
Old October 25th 18, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[Ranger Greycat McDude is next to the microphone]

One of this year's names was Pat, house of Mahoney. Pat was a human - my Paw's brother. Pat loved animals and he always hsd at least one dog and usually at least one cat in his life. My Paw used to tell us that he had 3 close human friends - his brother, his wife, and his son. When a sick, twisted human murdered Pat, he deprived my Paw of 1/3 of his circle of close friends.

I remember my Paw telling us about Pat driving 4 hours each way just to pick up a new rescue dog. He was a very special human, and he will be missed.
Old October 25th 18, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Anti Ginger askz dat we add Toby, House of Sackett.

Sundance
Old October 25th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

plz add des naymes

Harley, House of Miller-Mashburn
Tigger, House of Miller