Cheeky, Boo, and Gnarly: Cats of My House, Cats of My Heart.

Old September 8th 04, 08:25 AM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
Very cute kitties. Boo has a "messy" face. One of my friends always
referred
to my late cat, Cory, as having a messy face...when there are lots of
assymetrical markings on it.

Candace

I love tuxedos. Especially unusual ones like Boo & Cory. My Bootsie has a

solid
black face, but a white chin. It gives her a very petulant expression.

Bootsie and Cory sound beautiful. I am trying to catch Boo when she is
spread
out on her back so everyone can see her bikini. She is pretty much
symmetrical
everywhere but her face. The fur is growing in from the ultrasound of
her heart. But her bikini bottoms are still falling down due to her big
belly.
We are supposed towait until her heart rate is stable for some months before
we tackle
the overweight issue. What is most beautiful about Boo--even though she is a
thoughtful cat--and very laid back and circumspect--all you have to do is
touch her and she will purr within 10 seconds. She loves people. All
people, it seems.

Old September 8th 04, 09:01 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote

All of these cats are adopted strays.

http://photos.yahoo.com/crazyaboutfelines.

I esp. like the "happy cat' one of Gnarly. Plus, IMO, dilute torties

&calicos are just so very pretty.

I love that one too! She really doesn't look mean in that one. When I

first
saw her I had never seen a dilute tortie and just thought she was the most
exotic thing ever. i'll always miss her.

The ones of Cheeks on the window shelf crack me up because she just

decided
to perform for the camera. She does the same thing every cat does when

they
wake up. That yawn killed me--I had no idea she had blotches inside her
mouth! After the last stretch, it was down to the food bowl.

Cathy, you take lovely photos of your cat, I esp. like the closeup of
Demelza in abpa.

Thanks; I like that one, too; it came out nicely detailed. I used the macro
mode, but also probably managed (for once) to not move the camera at all
when I hit the shutter button, for the crispness to prevail.

I am just learning how to use my camera--it is a Nikon
4300. When I put the "red eye out" flash feature on, I get those chatreuse
glowing eyes. Do you know how I would set it to have the cats look

directly
at me and not have weird eyes? It is the kind with an auto setting, then a
bunch of things like "day at the beach," "indoor party" and then

completely
manual settings like f-stop, speed and such. I plan to experiment when I
have time but wondered if you have any tips.

Sorry, but unfortunately, no, I don't. I'm new to digital cameras - didn't
finally get one till this summer, & even w/ my 35mm SLR film camera, I
relied way more on auto settings than on manual ones.

However, you could probably ask on the alt.binaries.photos.original ng; they
seem to mainly be serious photo hobbyists in that group, & would most likely
know technical pointers.

Cathy

Old September 8th 04, 11:10 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote

[...]

I had no idea that group existed. Thanks!

Old September 8th 04, 11:32 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote
However, you could probably ask on the alt.binaries.photos.original ng;

they
seem to mainly be serious photo hobbyists in that group, & would most

likely
know technical pointers.

Cathy

I had no idea that group existed. Thanks!

I didn't either, till it was mentioned on another binaries group I subscribe
to; you're welcome.

Cathy

Old September 8th 04, 11:32 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote

Old September 9th 04, 01:35 AM
Steve G

"Mary" wrote in message om...
(...)
Demelza in abpa. I am just learning how to use my camera--it is a Nikon
4300. When I put the "red eye out" flash feature on, I get those chatreuse
glowing eyes. Do you know how I would set it to have the cats look directly
at me and not have weird eyes?

Basically, you can't reliably - at least with the onboard flash of a
P&S camera. You can:

i) Get an external flash (if available) - bouncing the flash off a
nearby wall will reduce redeye.
ii) Avoid using flash by either increasing the ISO value of your shots
(with increased noise, alas), or using a slower shutter speed (with a
risk of blurry pix).
iii) Remove the redeye in software.
iv) Somehow pursuade the cat to look at the camera at the critical
point when redeye reduction is in effect (ha! Good luck!).

My inability to get non-redeye cat pix with my P&S camera was one
reason I upgraded to something better than said P&S.

Steve.

Old September 9th 04, 01:42 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Steve G" wrote in message
om...
"Mary" wrote in message

om...
(...)
[...]

But... the digital P&S I bought (Canon PowerShot S410, after reading a slew
of reviews for 2 weeks) was *already* pricey, IMO. Something better?
Ackkk! (price)

Cathy

Steve.