Return from the half-dead + pictures

Old January 21st 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Return from the half-dead + pictures

I've been feeling awful (the tooth extraction wasn't such a simple thing
as I thought at first) and not up to posting, so have to send blanket
purrs all around. We've been snowed in here in Helsinki, with temps at
-20 C (-5 F) with wind chill to match. Up north, they are having up to
-40 C (-40 F), with a record of -47 C (-52 F). This morning when I
opened the door to the enclosure, a magical world of white could be seen
outside; it had been snowing all night:

http://tinyurl.com/bq5xy

And it continued through the morning, but the afternoon was glorious and
sunny (and blinding, with all that clean white snow!). The cats have
been playing outside (as seen from paw tracks) for short periods of
time, but their paws get cold pretty fast, so they are wanting in, then
out, then in, then out again all the time. When they are in, they tear
through the flat like wildebeest across the veldt.

Sometimes they have to warm themselves up, but it's hard for two cats to
fit behind one laptop (5 pics starting here):

http://tinyurl.com/dq8hb

We are Not Amused (Miranda showing her snooty side):

http://tinyurl.com/8zffj

I still have all the cards on my wall, and some on my desk because they
didn't fit on the wall:

http://tinyurl.com/dc44a

Thanks again, everyone!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 21st 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sorry to answer my own post, but I got this wrong:

Marina wrote:

Up north, they are having up to
-40 C (-40 F), with a record of -47 C (-52 F).

-40 is the lowest they've had so far this winter. And by up north, I
mean the part of Lapland that is in northern Finland.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 21st 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:41:16 +0200, Marina
yodeled:

Dear Miss Marina, Me and the little doofus are purring for your teeth.

Love,
Stinky
Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 21st 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote
I've been feeling awful (the tooth extraction wasn't such a simple
thing as I thought at first) and not up to posting, so have to send
blanket purrs all around.

Glad you're feeling better now, and welcome back, and lovely pics,
and my boys are all on their blanket and send their purrs.

Cheers
Gordon & the FF

Old January 21st 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, we will purr and pray that you recover quickly from the dental work.
That is never fun. Licks and kisses from Lily.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 21st 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

They are so adorable. Reminds me of how when we lived in Anchorage Alaska
or dog and Siamese would beg to go out and play in the snow just like little
kids. And it we found a stray patch of snow when we were hiking in the
summer they would just go nuts rolling and running in it.

Jo

Old January 21st 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
[...]

I hope you can stay nice and warm, purrs for your dental problems.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 21st 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for the dental pain to heal up fast, Marina! And purrs that
Caliban and Miranda will keep warm. But it sounds like they have great
fun in the snow for short periods of time, anyway. =o)

Melissa

Old January 21st 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-21 09:41:16 -0600, Marina said:

And it continued through the morning, but the afternoon was glorious
and sunny (and blinding, with all that clean white snow!). The cats
have been playing outside (as seen from paw tracks) for short periods
of time, but their paws get cold pretty fast, so they are wanting in,
then out, then in, then out again all the time. When they are in, they
tear through the flat like wildebeest across the veldt.

Sometimes they have to warm themselves up, but it's hard for two cats
to fit behind one laptop (5 pics starting here):

http://tinyurl.com/dq8hb

Oh my God I laughed myself silly over these!!!!!!!!!

Old January 22nd 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bq5xy

Beautiful!!!

been playing outside (as seen from paw tracks) for short periods of
time, but their paws get cold pretty fast, so they are wanting in, then
out, then in, then out again all the time. When they are in, they tear
through the flat like wildebeest across the veldt.

They need booties!

http://tinyurl.com/dc44a

I usually keep mine in the same place for several months.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he