Loss of appetite

Old March 16th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Loss of appetite

After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not with
Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie

Old March 16th 06, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

.. .

Old March 16th 06, 10:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not with
Clavamox.

Hi Winnie,

Antibiotics kill the bad bugs but also the good ones too, in particular
the natural gut flora in the digestive system that we all have - and
cats too of course. You can offer Rusty some live natural yogurt on a
spoon to lick, if he will accept it. This will replace some of the gut
flora which will have been killed and without which he may not be
feeling very hungry, or a bit upset. Or else the vet may sell a food
supplement - in the UK there is one called Lacto-B (it includes
Lactobacillus, which is one of the normal gut organisms). It's a white
powder in a tub which you sprinkle on/mix with food and most cats eat it
happily.

Purrs for Rusty to feel better very soon.

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yoj wrote:
Purrs are on the way.

--

Purrs for Rusty.

--Fil

Old March 16th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and prayers that Rusty starts feeling better soon.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
.. .

Old March 16th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes I am giving him Pepcid according to the vet's recommendation.
Even bought a pill slitter to cut the tablets. It worked very well. Haven't
found any 'cat spits' on the floor.
This morning there was still a bit leftover from last night supper. He used
clean his plate.
I opened a new can this morning and coaxed him to eat.
He only had a few bites for breakfast
and went to sleep. I use eye droppers to give him water. He is peeing
normally
in the box. The stool looked very soft. I may go get some acidophillus (?
spelling)
to sprinkle on his food. I did that before. But then he has to eat his food
first.

Winnie

"Karen" wrote in message
PUrrs for Rusty. Did you try the pepcid?

.. .

Old March 16th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:35:40 -0500, "W. Leong"
wrote:

After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not with
Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

You got it. Purrs on the way for poor Rusty.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 16th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not
with Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie

Purrs coming over for poor Rusty.

Tweed

Old March 16th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update: Loss of appetite

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not
with Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie

I talked to the vet. She switches Rusty's antibiotic from Clavamox to
Novolexin.
I have to cut the tablet into 3 pieces and give him 1 piece 2X a day. It may
be
a challenge to cut into 3 even with a pill splitter. She also told me to
give him Hill's
A/D. Anyone has experience with A/D? I know it is important to make sure
Rusty
eats. But sometimes it is easier said than done. I tried to force feed him
with a syringe
but not much success. He spit the food out and made a mess. I was told to
continue
with the Pepsid AC.
Please keep purring. It is very stressful for both of us. I was almost in
tears.

Winnie
limited success.