We really MUST be catslaves...

Old February 8th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default We really MUST be catslaves...

We were watching Top Design tonight and one of the designers did a
room for an artist who said her best friend was her cat... so he
decided to put in a cat-walk around the room and a lovely big cat tree
etc. so that they'd both be happy... anyway, the judges weren't
impressed - first they asked why he didn't put anything on the
'shelf', and then they told him off for designing the room around 'a
cat'. Our joint response? 'What's wrong with that?!' :P The room had
flaws, but that wasn't one of them.

(you know what would have been really cute - if he'd built a miniature
bed for the cat too...)
Old February 8th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
We were watching Top Design tonight and one of the designers did a
room for an artist who said her best friend was her cat... so he
decided to put in a cat-walk around the room and a lovely big cat tree
etc. so that they'd both be happy... anyway, the judges weren't
impressed - first they asked why he didn't put anything on the
'shelf', and then they told him off for designing the room around 'a
cat'. Our joint response? 'What's wrong with that?!' :P The room had
flaws, but that wasn't one of them.

(you know what would have been really cute - if he'd built a miniature
bed for the cat too...)

Could you find an email address for the show and tell them your opinion?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 8th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
We were watching Top Design tonight and one of the designers did a
room for an artist who said her best friend was her cat... so he
decided to put in a cat-walk around the room and a lovely big cat tree
etc. so that they'd both be happy... anyway, the judges weren't
impressed - first they asked why he didn't put anything on the
'shelf', and then they told him off for designing the room around 'a
cat'. Our joint response? 'What's wrong with that?!' :P The room had
flaws, but that wasn't one of them.

(you know what would have been really cute - if he'd built a miniature
bed for the cat too...)

I don't much care for "reality" shows, so didn't watch it.
However, I did see the one trailer, several times, where a
woman was saying "You can't design a room around a cat!".
My reaction each time was "Why not?" (I had several ideas,
one of them being a sort of "free sculpture" cat walk on
several levels, encompassing the entire room.)
Old February 11th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

We were watching Top Design tonight and one of the designers did a
room for an artist who said her best friend was her cat... so he
decided to put in a cat-walk around the room and a lovely big cat tree
etc. so that they'd both be happy... anyway, the judges weren't
impressed - first they asked why he didn't put anything on the
'shelf', and then they told him off for designing the room around 'a
cat'. Our joint response? 'What's wrong with that?!' :P The room had
flaws, but that wasn't one of them.

(you know what would have been really cute - if he'd built a miniature
bed for the cat too...)

My first reponse when she said that was "you can't"!?.

Suz&Spicey

Old February 11th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 7, 10:39?pm, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
We were watching Top Design tonight and one of the designers did a
room for an artist who said her best friend was her cat... so he
decided to put in a cat-walk around the room and a lovely big cat tree
etc. so that they'd both be happy... anyway, the judges weren't
impressed - first they asked why he didn't put anything on the
'shelf', and then they told him off for designing the room around 'a
cat'. Our joint response? 'What's wrong with that?!' :P The room had
flaws, but that wasn't one of them.

(you know what would have been really cute - if he'd built a miniature
bed for the cat too...)

I wish I'd caught that. I've thought about this many times. We have a
big room on the back of the house, about 18' x 28. It *was* a den,
with an extra TV, etc. As the kids grew up & left, it's kind of
evolved into my personal "cave." The computer. The Humane Society
stuff. My sewing stuff. My fish. Little by little, the regular
furniture has been removed in favor of a quilting frame, cat trees,
ironing board, etc. I figure since the room is already a decorator's
nightmare, I'd love to install catwalks. It woudn't be that hard to
start with a corner shelf, about a foot from the ceiling, just to see
how they'd react. I bet there would be someone sleeping on it all the
time.

Sherry